FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, I shot my first PS90 last night. Here are my general thoughts;

I would like to have the shorter barrel first off.

I realized that a catch is really needed for that. I didn't like being hit by the ejecting rounds

I did not like the trigger. I was pretty accurate at 50 yards (able to cut a nice whole in the paper), but just didn't like that trigger.

I didn't like my cheek on the rifle. It just felt wierd.

I did like the compact size of the bullpup. It felt pretty good and I can really see the close quarter combat benefits of it.

Reloading was kind of wierd to get used to, it's a mix between a pistol and a rifle.

I thought the rounds were pretty unique, shall I say... Pretty?

All in all it was a good experience. It really helps me figure out what I want to get and don't.

I just have one question, is the trigger on the FS2000 the same as the PS90?

·
Vendor
5,591 Posts
:) Glad you got to shoot it! You'll get used to it after awhile. Try putting a few drops of gun lube on the trigger rods. That should make the trigger more smooth. I do it and it feels great! :?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to figure out what to do now. I've been wanting a M99 Barrett .50, but I could get a FS2000 and a PS90 for less than the 99.... CHOICES!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Just say to yourself that you will eventually get them all... all you're doing now is selecting what order you get them in. Then buy the PS90. :D

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
See, some of the things U call a neg - I like. I was never a rifle fan - and this is my first rifle. I never cared for the ergonomics of traditional rifle shapes much - so that's why this one feels so good to me...

BUt to each his own :?

·
Registered
163 Posts
American shooters have an obsession with target triggers on everything from cheap .22 pistols to African game rifles. Why, I don't know and I used to shoot service rifle, smallbore rifle/pistol, and centerfire pistol matches. The PS90 is a military style arm. It has a military style trigger and no way to gunsmith it to a target trigger. One accepts it or shies away from it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
Just say to yourself that you will eventually get them all... all you're doing now is selecting what order you get them in. Then buy the PS90. :D
Who told you my plans concerning every gun ever made? :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts