FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been itching for a shotgun as i don't really have one that's functional. I have an old ithaca i am slowly restoring, but even then its more for sentimental reasons and not for home defense. Well i remember our genius vice president mentioning i should buy a shotgun. Well he is the vice president afterall, and the advice seemed pretty sound. So last week i plunked down some money with Aim surplus and ordered me up one. It was on impulse i admit as i've been itching for a new toy for some time. It isn't much; just some clunky ol' vepr-12, you know your typical hunting gun.
Vepr12.jpg

One of the best parts of this story is after i placed my order the importer dropped the price 200 bucks which was applied to my order. Made the impulse not seem so bad.
Also i found the owner's manual to be quite the pleasure to read as it seems they used google translate in it's creation.
vepr manual.jpg

Now i just need to do some homework to find the cheapest/easiest parts to get for it to keep it 922r compliant when i break the weld on that folding stock.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
:-D that owners manual!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Nice! Congrats on the vepr. Been considering one myself since the price is right. It practically begs to be SBSed.

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Awesome!

The gun made me drool, and the manual made my brain itchy.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Crazy Uncle Joe recommended a double-barrel, but I applaud your choice. I'm sure he approves.

Real deep down.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you guys liked page 4 of the manual. you will love page 5. As i reflect upon the manual it's almost as if they are intentionally doing this as the rest of the manual's language, while a bit stiff, isn't nearly as humorous.

Vepr manual 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My wife and kids and I had a good laugh reading through my Vepr manual. :D
last night i had to pause whatever i was watching because i was rolling. I showed it to a few co-workers and they got a good laugh too.
Those silly Ruhskies

1 - 15 of 15 Posts