FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want an FNAR with a black non-pistolgrip stock because it will be legal here in NY as long as I don't use a dreaded magazine with more than 10 rounds.

But all the FNARs I see have the pistol grip, except for the Winchester camo version, or a blue laminated version. Both of which I just couldn't stand to look at.

Then I stumbled upon this one:

FN 3108929252 FNAR Semi-Automatic 308 Winchester 20" Fixed B $1,078.00 SHIPS FREE

...which looks exactly what I'm looking for. Except it is out of stock, and I've never seen one like it anywhere else. I wonder if this version was ever a real gun? Has anyone ever seen one?

Is there any way to buy an FNAR with a black sporting buttstock? Are there aftermarket stocks available? I would have to buy the gun without a buttstock and install a legal one myself, if I go that route.

I am new to the whole FN thing, so forgive my lack of knowledge.

Thanks!

David

·
Registered
131 Posts
Way better without the pistol grip, and honestly way better with just a 10 round magazine.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
No mag in that pic.... Maybe you could use a black synthetic stock for a Browning BAR? Just a thought. Oh welcome eh!

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I saw one at a gun show a few months ago. It was used. Not sure if the stock was changed or it was actually on of the ones in your picture.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Do a search on this forum for FNAR California model. There is a member on here who purchased one in 2012. Guess it was some sort of limited run for a large distributor in CA according to his post. Said it was limited production of something like 500. My guess is now the only way to get it would be find one used.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Do a search on this forum for FNAR California model. There is a member on here who purchased one in 2012. Guess it was some sort of limited run for a large distributor in CA according to his post. Said it was limited production of something like 500. My guess is now the only way to get it would be find one used.
This!! Its a CA version.

You could always put a Browning Longtrac stock on it also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I called FN and they have the California non-PG stock for $90. Maybe that's the exact same one.

What I'd really like is a wood stock. Just for looks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts