FN Herstal Firearms banner

I went and bought a black rifle…

360 Views 10 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Ironminer
I think this is the second ar15 I’ve ever owned. A little less than a scar but pretty damn expensive. Hopefully this is not a mistake…

Automotive tire Tread Font Urban design Automotive design
See less See more
Reactions: 4
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Thanks! I really want it to shoot amazing like everyone says. I’m a bit pessimistic about it but we’ll see
Congrats on your acquisition!
Reactions: 1
Thank you! Lpvo or red dot? Hmm
You probably made a mistake. This is one of the very worst brands of ARs on the market.
At some point we'll need a range report.
Sunday 7:30am! Gonna run it with a 16” mcx virtus and 16” psa…psa thing
What a fun day. I’ve never been an “ar” guy. I’ve always enjoyed the bullpups, scars, and other piston type rifles. I have not enjoyed shooting ar’s because of how they felt. There was always something so unrefined, to me, when shooting a di ar. The ddm4 v7 made was not so odd feeling to me but it was not enough to make me buy another ar.

Through some interesting circumstances I found a kac sr15 in front of me that needed a new home before the days end. I took it in. After shooting it I’ve found that I particularly like this ar15. It’s not that different from the other ar’s, but it shoots different. It looks like a plain ar15 to me. Handling it does not add any excitement for me. It doesn’t feel special.

shooting it does change things though. I enjoy shooting it more than my other rifles. It feels good, smooth, and, even for a guy like me, fast. The recoil isn’t necessarily soft, but it feels fluid. Like it moves with my body rather then the two fighting for control over physics. It was a very strange and pleasant experience. It made the 1x on the leupold vx6hd behave similar to my mcx virtus with a micro t2.

I really need to see what a red dot magnifier combo will do, but this leupold is so light and you’d have to purposely try to dodge the eyebox on 1x to misalign the scope. I don’t think the kac is that much, if any, better then the mcx platform, lmt, or scar, but it’s slightly better a in a few of the categories important to me that I surprisingly like it more then my other rifles.
Just thought I would share. It’s a fun gun to shoot. Nothing special about it. It just does everything it’s supposed to do really well.
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 11 of 11 Posts