FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If he took a queue from Australia?

(From 2005-2008)

Muslims who want to live under the Islamic Sharia law were told Wednesday to get out of Australia as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and they don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then they can basically clear off," he said.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/australia.asp
http://sify.com/news/fullstory.php?id=13924046

·
Registered
412 Posts
Oh yea the media would crucify him!

But I like how the Aussies think on this issue! They have the right Idea!

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
The Aussies are a bunch of goofy ducks. I don't like how they think. Sorry. For one thing, they are as bad, if not worst, as England on their GUN laws. That right their turns me off the shrimp on the barbie group. Not all muslims are terrorests, so labeling them as such will only make good guys into bad guys. That statement that was made by this official reminds me of something you'd hear from chicken little. This type of policy will only serve to forcing them underground and that is not a good thing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Devildoc:

Hey we all know the Aussies have serious issues on the Gun front!
And yes they are goofy!
But as far as telling them to "clear off" if they don't want to abide by Austrailian law I am with them on that issue!

We could use some of that around here! :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DD, he didn't call all muslims terrorists.

Unless I read it wrong, all he said was that he wants all immigrants to assimilate to Australia law. If anyone wants to live under or rule over others using sharia law... get out. And he wants to make sure terrorism is not preached.

If they won't assimilate, leave. I find nothing at all wrong with his position.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
T.A. we have american Indians that refuse to assimilate with the rest of the American people, are they to leave? If so, Where would they go?

If these people break the law, they should be tried and punished. But a group of people that wants to live by a certian code is not illegal. Hell we have the imish and the mormons that live by their own values that are much different than the rest of us.

The issue is one of Law, not religeon. If these people will abide by federal, states and local laws and desire stricter personal laws, I have no problem with that. I don't tell see what he is trying to do by making this statement, other than unifing the radicals. As an official, that was a foolish statement to make. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Like the idiot that sang the Black National Anthem at the Denver State of the City address, who stated while out of the country that she was felt strange to be an American!!! :NO:
If you do not like it here, get the f*** out!!! :shock:
DD, American Indians already get every break in the world--- why would they complain! :D

Tony

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
DD, comparing the Native Americans situation in America to muslims moving into a foreign country and bringing their laws with them isn't really apples to apples.

If you migrate to another nation you accept and obey THEIR laws. Don't expect them to adapt to accomadate your laws. You went to THEIR country. You chose, they didn't. Are you saying I should be able to move to Iran and bring Democracy with me? Can I bring my family and friends and make our neighborhood a democratic village and say that Irans laws will not be followed there? Can I preach in church there that there are two laws of the land in Iran? Can I preach that it is okay to kill Iranians that do not want to obey the laws of our little village?

He wants them to stop saying there are two sets of laws. He wants to protect people that may not want to be forced to obey those "extra" little sharia laws thay are forced to endure... like honor killings. Having an extra set of laws in side your borders cannot be allowed. He wants them to assimilate into their culture. He wants them to understand there is only one set of laws to follow, Australian law in Australian courts. And teaching terrorism in mosques is not going to happen. If anyone can't accept that... get the hell out. It is their country and their right to defend it against this kind of invasion.

I agree with him. If that unites some fence sitters on where their loyalties lie... so be it. They can all leave. I think every free country in the world should voice and enforce this attitude. Otherwise you are going to have a never ending increasing amount of "pockets" of sharia law in every country until it rules everywhere. It is a desease, stop letting it spread in the name of tolerance.

Oaky.. I'll take off the tin foil hat now.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Go visit a Reservation sometime. It'll make some 3rd world countries look like resort vacation spots. Native Americans DO NOT have it easy in any way shape or form. Sure the Gov't will give them money, as long as they stay on the reservation, which is, by and large, the desolate, dry, unfarmable land that no one else wanted. They need not work for money because the Gov't gives it to them, so unfortunately there is alot of alcoholism and drug use.

As to having Sharia law... someone mentioned Mormons and the Amish, well, they still fall under the laws and rules of the USA and before someone brings up polygamy, that isn't LDS (no I'm not LDS), that FLDS, totally different and regarded as a splinter group just as radical muslims could be considered a splinter group. The Amish, well, I've not heard much of them when it comes to breaking the law as of late other than that guy that raped and killed all those girls in the school house, but I'm not even sure if he was Amish. They all still have to abide by the laws of the land, in this case, the U.S. laws.

I think they can do whatever they want, but I shouldn't have to follow their laws, and if they are offended because my wife walks past them not wearing a full head scarf, they can piss off. Now, if my wife and I went to a country where Sharia law was the law of the land, you bet your bottom dollar my wife would be wrapped up better than a mummy!

Their country, their laws... OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAWS! Pretty simple.

Zhur

·
Registered
88 Posts
I think this should apply to anyone wanting to come to America. We have our own laws and I find it highly insulting when someone moves here and then tells us how we should live or what laws should govern us. I run into a lot of people from South America and Mexico saying that we should provide health care for everyone, we should not be allowed to own guns, we should give minorities more benifits to go to school recieve food stamps and welfare. It also really pisses me off that illegal's will march and demand that we allow them citizenship. As far as I am concrened they need to stand in line like everyone else. After all what makes them so special!!!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here's the big rub for me on allowing ANY laws or rules in a community inside a country that are different from the laws of the land. Whether it's Mormon, muslim, Ahmish or whatever. The laws of the land are to protect it's citizens... all of them. We (and Australia too for the most part) have laws about marriage age, laws against abuse, laws against statuatory rape, laws against polygamy. Those laws are to protect those unable to protect themselves.

If you allow a group of bullies to inflict things on people who can't stop them, because it's "their way" back home... well, you are as guilty for hurting the innocent as the criminals.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Well I see it as apples to apples.

T.A writes:
If you migrate to another nation you accept and obey THEIR laws. Don't expect them to adapt to accomadate your laws. You went to THEIR country. You chose, they didn't
So why aren't we speeking Cherokee? This United States was not ours, we migrated here and Australia's ruling class are the decendents of criminals that the Brits sent there. The Aborigines are the original Australians.

Anyone that thinks that the american indians or Australian aborigines have it good is foolish and has not spent much time on any of them.

As for laws (written by the ruling class) being the law of the land. Name one... that hasn't been changed over the years for one reason or another. The only law that I think that applies anymore is "survival of the fittest", everything else is up for grabs.

As for:
If you allow a group of bullies to inflict things on people who can't stop them, because it's "their way" back home... well, you are as guilty for hurting the innocent as the criminals
Sending them back home will not stop them from hurting the innocent. Out of sight out of mind dosen't work. Punish the Bullies and teach the rest that there are alternatives, it won't be quick or easy.

And lastly:
We (and Australia too for the most part) have laws about marriage age, laws against abuse, laws against statuatory rape, laws against polygamy. Those laws are to protect those unable to protect themselves.
Now T.A. I hope your not trying to say that here in the US, that the LAW is the same everywhere for everyone are you? :roll:

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Doc, I think we passed each other on the freeway going oposite directions. :D I wasn't trying to pick a fight, I just don't read what the man said the way you do.

Are you saying that because the Spanish, French, and English, people that came to America did not assimilate to the Native American culture... and that the people sent to Australia did not blend in with the Aboriginese... that Australia (and any other country) should allow muslims to immigrate and set up sharia law wherever they want? That can't be what you mean.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The Native Americans are being described here as a single tribe or nation, and that is just not the case. There were over 40 different tribes across North America. They all didn't get here at the same time. So to say they have a claim to the entire North American Continent is just not reasonable IMO.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I think I should add that many of the Native American tribes did get screwed over. But thats what happens when you have something the US government wants. I see it every week on my paycheck lol....

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
ICM856 said:
I think I should add that many of the Native American tribes did get screwed over. But thats what happens when you have something the US government wants. I see it every week on my paycheck lol....
+1

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
T.A. No, I'm not saying that they HAVE to allow muslims to immigrate to their country, but if they do, they can't ***** about them being what they are.

The other point I'm trying to make is that both our countries have a dark history of oppressing certian groups. Leaders that make statements about a group of people and label the whole group as bad guy's are idiots, both morally and tactically. On the moral side it serves no purpose to make enemies out of the peacefull muslims (you can't say your a free country if you deamonize a culture much older than your own), and tactically it tips your hand. I've always beleaved that you keep your friends close and your potential enemies closer.

I am not disagreeing that those that break the law should not be punished. It just urks me when leaders say "hear is a threat" "terrorest color code RED" and then try to deny their own people the right to protect themselves (guns). That just dosen't make sence. If these radical muslims are such a threat, then why not arm the law abiding population?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts