FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd really like to know.

The upper receiver is straightforward - just have it re-finished. Dying the plastic parts is another matter, as they'd need disassembly & a proper dye solution & good technique to do it right.

·
Registered
630 Posts
:) and here I am trying to buy stuff like UBR stocks in FDE and having a very hard time finding it

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Lol good luck with that coldair! :cool:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The FDE scheme isn't to my liking as much as old-school black. It's a preference. All of my "black rifles" are black. The original SCAR prototypes were black as well. FDE seems the rage because of the military's focus & emphasis on regional conflicts related to the ME, & that the color fits in most appropriately w/ the terrain of that region of the world.

Although they did w/ the PS90, I'm not getting my hopes up that FN will ever do a run of the SCAR xS in black-finish. I'm looking into this for my own purposes.

·
Registered
630 Posts
a black gun stands out a FDE blends into t the background and a FDE gun with digital camo is a lot harder to pick out on a first glance

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I have a green '90 :oops:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Lol...I'm eyeballing a black TR '90 though :p

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yup this is true...I feel for ya ship I don't believe in marriage personally so just more money for me!!! :?

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I'm really not interested in any rifles but the PS90 - but if I had the option, I'd pick up a Sig 556... Oh well...

I've always been a handgun type of guy anyway....

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I've had the hand gun bug for a while, but I'm doing a lot of research for my next bolt action rifle. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with a custom build

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
iCeMaN said:
I've had the hand gun bug for a while, but I'm doing a lot of research for my next bolt action rifle. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with a custom build
I was set to possibly buy an FN Bolt Action about 10-12 months ago - then someone here on the forum (I forget who) told me how much 308 rounds cost. No thankyou. The damn 5.7 ammo is high enough for me.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I don't think 308 is bad here but I feel for ppl that have FNARs though. Bolt action's let me savor the moment so to speak so I find each round i get more bang for the buck

1 - 20 of 33 Posts