FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so for you guys with 30 cal suppressors (mainly for 7.62 NATO chambered rifles, but maybe for dual role on 5.56 riflles), what did you get and would you change your choice now/wish you had gotten something different? The Saker 7.62 is coming out soon and it intrigues me, but my class III guy doesn't seem too thrilled (likes the AAC 762-SDN-6).

I might get a 30 cal suppressor later this year, or more likely early next year. It will definitely go on a precision bolt gun (my A5m once I get it threaded), my 264 LBC upper on my AR, and a 17s at some point. It will possibly get put on my AR until I get a 5.56 can.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, he sells both, it's just that the AAC is quite a bit cheaper since he has them in stock. I'd have to pay MSRP for the Saker. He can get pretty much anything within 4 weeks.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am one of the weird ones that does not like quick detach cans so personally I would not buy either one. just my .02
I'm leaving it open to all cans, but a QD one would probably work best for me at this particular time. Should thread on suppressors be better for accuracy?

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
I like the Saker but I own an SDN-6 since I'm committed to the 51T mount. I bought Cyclones specifically for my bolt guns ... just my preference. The QD cans are for my auto-loaders.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Nope. Happy with my Gemtech Halos and my SDN-762. The biggest selling point for me for the Halo was the fact that I didn't need to have a particular muzzle device to run it.

Reactions: djv38

·
Registered
841 Posts
I'm on the waitlist for a Specwar 762 at Silencershop (they're sold out right now, but you can call and get on the list).

The Saker is a good deal if you already have a mount, or want to switch between multiple mounts on multiple guns, but IMO if you're buying a 30-cal can and you don't have existing mounts, the Specwar is a better deal. It's practically half the price and has a lifetime warranty.

I already have a Specwar 556 and an Octane 45. Definitely recommend SilencerCo as the best manufacturer IMO all things considered, and SilencerShop as the best way to get them.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
My newest suppressor out of jail is a YHM Ti in 30 cal.

I gotta believe the future of cans lies in serialized base units with replaceable body, endcap and baffles. I won't buy anything else going forward.

·
Registered
6,620 Posts

I gotta believe the future of cans lies in serialized base units with replaceable body, endcap and baffles. I won't buy anything else going forward.
I wholeheartedly agree with you. I followed your .223 struck can incident and I have done nothing but think about that every time I look at suppressors. If strikes never really happened then it wouldn't be a big deal but obviously they do. Thanks for the lesson brother and I am sorry that it happened to you.

Reactions: djv38

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Although this thread has to do with 30 cal cans, for this reason I'm definitely glad I went with the Osprey over the TiRant

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shap, that's one of the reasons I went with an Osprey as well. A part of me wishes I had gotten the new Huntertown 22 guardian instead of the sparrow for that reason.

Reactions: KameronTKelly
1 - 12 of 12 Posts