·
Registered
630 Posts
I have a wife, I don't need no stinkin chat, I have just l learned to listen

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Man, it is scarey the sheer # of people who don't even look at the site :x

Many people don't even see the sponsor banners, and when I mention them sometimes, its like I'm talking about another planet.

And, that chat has been up for over a year - c'mon guys :lol:

It's by that shout box on the main page.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I've seen that before, but it never registered with me :oops:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I use it quite often :?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Maybe in the next version of this site it will be possible to move the chat button and alert users that there are X number of users in chat or something.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yea that would be pretty cool :)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
iCeMaN said:
I use Simple Machine Forum software for my sites and when I integrate chat the chat button states how many users are utilizing it and if you look at who's online it tells you who's in chat. SMF is much easier to admin as well then PHPBB imho :)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Carry on then :shock:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
imschur said:
iCeMaN said:
I use Simple Machine Forum software for my sites and when I integrate chat the chat button states how many users are utilizing it and if you look at who's online it tells you who's in chat. SMF is much easier to admin as well then PHPBB imho :)
Yes, we have been wanting to change for a while. When we finally had the $ to buy VBullentin software, it was too late.

I used to admin another gun site, and we transitioned from Php to VBulletin after just a few months there.

However, the program that was supposed to transition the database did not work right. EVERY post with an image had the image tags screwed up. I went and edited every single post, and there were at least 1000 effected posts.

Here, there are WAY too many to deal with if that happens again. So, we decided just to leave it as is, at least for now (and this was about a year ago)

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow...Sounds like a pain in the A** :-?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Hey Shipwreck Im a charter member of SMF, I always have a beta site running of a future release. If someday down the road you guys want to have a look and poke around as admins Id be glad to help you out.

drew

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
imschur said:
Hey Shipwreck Im a charter member of SMF, I always have a beta site running of a future release. If someday down the road you guys want to have a look and poke around as admins Id be glad to help you out.

drew
Ok, thanks. I'll PM ya when I get the chance. There are some plans down the pike to make some changes here, though. And, I think we may just have to bite it and try different software soon, though.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Yay for forum changes but I love the layout of the forum so I would hate to see that changed :oops:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts