FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm on the verge of swapping my FNS9.
The primary reason I'm considering it is due to the poor customer service
I'm really trying to talk myself out of doing the trade, but so far it's not working.

Please, it's not that I don't like the FNS9, I do.
Anyone else traded off their FNS9 for another weapon?

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
There are a few aspects I like of Glock over the fns. The squared trigger guard, the guide rod doesn't protrude as much while locked open. And the Glock feeds ammo a little smoother. The magazine and barrel line up better. But I don't buy or sell anything based on customer service. I just expect bad service any more. It's the world we live in. I go strictly on my wants and needs. If they have bad customer service and u like the gun, I say keep the gun, and bash the company on line. (And that's only if they deserve it) I would never give a bad public review if it wasn't clearly warranted. But if companies are gonna be stupid enuff to think screwing u over is worth them saving a buck...bash em online and make sure that buck they saved costs them in reputation. They can give sub par customer service, and we can give sub par reviews. The fns is a pretty pistol, and works well. Glock Well, it's a hard to beat pistol. I think only HK has a magazine that lines up with the barrel as well as Glocks do. And that's basically the biggest aspect of a reliable pistol. If anyone disagrees, put some gold dot hollow points in an fns and a glock. Then feed the bullets in gently. The Glock feeds them smooth as butter, the fns will feed them, but very noticeable difference in how smooth it goes. I believe fns is going to serve me well tho. It's hard to talk someone out of a glock, but think on it first. How well do u liked ur FNS. Is there customer service bad enuff to give up this pistol for ya ? If u luv the FNS, don't let them keep u from it. Just forward them the bad reviews u post on them, and tell them u hope their negligence was worth these bad public reviews. Im not willing to say my fns is better than my glock, but Im not willing to say it's not either. I'm still getting to know my fns really. But I do know this, I LIKE it better than my Glock. I find my favorite gun may not be the best gun sometimes, but sometimes what u like and what works for YOU, is worth living with a a pistol that perhaps isn't the very best. As long as it works well and is reliable and u enjoy shooting it. Think about it b4 u abandon ur FNS is what I'm trying to say with all this rambling. Good luck with it !

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the excellent reply

There are a few aspects I like of Glock over the fns. The squared trigger guard, the guide rod doesn't protrude as much while locked open. And the Glock feeds ammo a little smoother. The magazine and barrel line up better. But I don't buy or sell anything based on customer service. I just expect bad service any more. It's the world we live in. I go strictly on my wants and needs. If they have bad customer service and u like the gun, I say keep the gun, and bash the company on line. (And that's only if they deserve it) I would never give a bad public review if it wasn't clearly warranted. But if companies are gonna be stupid enuff to think screwing u over is worth them saving a buck...bash em online and make sure that buck they saved costs them in reputation. They can give sub par customer service, and we can give sub par reviews. The fns is a pretty pistol, and works well. Glock Well, it's a hard to beat pistol. I think only HK has a magazine that lines up with the barrel as well as Glocks do. And that's basically the biggest aspect of a reliable pistol. If anyone disagrees, put some gold dot hollow points in an fns and a glock. Then feed the bullets in gently. The Glock feeds them smooth as butter, the fns will feed them, but very noticeable difference in how smooth it goes. I believe fns is going to serve me well tho. It's hard to talk someone out of a glock, but think on it first. How well do u liked ur FNS. Is there customer service bad enuff to give up this pistol for ya ? If u luv the FNS, don't let them keep u from it. Just forward them the bad reviews u post on them, and tell them u hope their negligence was worth these bad public reviews. Im not willing to say my fns is better than my glock, but Im not willing to say it's not either. I'm still getting to know my fns really. But I do know this, I LIKE it better than my Glock. I find my favorite gun may not be the best gun sometimes, but sometimes what u like and what works for YOU, is worth living with a a pistol that perhaps isn't the very best. As long as it works well and is reliable and u enjoy shooting it. Think about it b4 u abandon ur FNS is what I'm trying to say with all this rambling. Good luck with it !

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Here's my .02 on Glock vs FN, I carried a 23 for over a decade then found out about FN, I now own an FNX-40 that will soon be replaced by an FNX-45 possibly a Tactical version. I have owned some of the best, Glock's, Sig's, Colt's, HK's. I have never found a pistol that felt more comfortable in my hand and shot as well out of the box with no need other than sights (Trijicon HD's) for improvement. I have also been involved in more than my fair share of handgun combat situations while serving Uncle Sam, if the smooth feeding of a round from magazine to chamber is an issue realize that FNS's and FNX's are Combat Grade weapons, I cannot see an issue with reliability when the SHTF. Glock makes a great pistol, it would be my personal and combat experienced opinion that FN makes a superior pistol. To each his own but a butter smooth transfer from magazine feed ramp to chamber is NOT a judge of a quality combat grade pistol. Ironically, I have yet to have any feed or extraction issues with my FNX and had more than plenty with my 23 using the exact same ammunition that being Speer GDHP 180gr. and CCI Blazer 180gr.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Ok this is the second customer service ragging thread this week. This one doesnt even elaborate. I feel I need to share my experiences because Im not getting it. Had problems with a new mag and customer service sent me a new spring and follower free of charge and I received them 3 days later. I later had problems with my FNP 45, I filled out the online paperwork and sent in the pistol for service. I was contacted by CS and was able to track the progression of service online. Pistol was remedied with in a month and I have been very satisfied with my interaction with FNH customer service. They were polite and curtious with good communication. Now every interaction with FN can differ slightly and I dont know the specifics of your problems with them but I had a positive experience on multiple occasions. Might sound a little rah rah but I feel like I owe them a little positive feedback for how I was treated to counter act some of the negativity pertaining to them on here lately. As for the Glock. Yeah, if you want one grab one. Everyone has a glock somewhere in the collection. Long well established line of reliability with available parts. Simple, affordable and slightly ugly so you dont care if it gets dinged up while carrying or thrown around in the truck.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Upon reading the posts I'm afraid I may have come off a little rough on my previous post. Let me start by saying I've never written a bad post about a company. I've not yet had an experience to warrant it. I dealt with Springfield once, they were fast and awesome. But I learned the value of hammer forged over cast lol. I dealt with POF. They were fast and polite, but my ejection issue wasn't fixed, and I had to examine the rifle to find they inserted a D ring. No note as to what they had done was given upon the return of my upper receiver. I sold the rifle, but after dealing them I believe they would have worked with me til my problem was solved. So I won't make a complaint on that either. I found them very responsive. As for Glock versus FNS...My Glock 35 jammed twice back to back last time I shot it. A fairly new guide rod may have needed more breaking in tho. The FNS has shot it's first 500 rounds flawlessly...right out of the box. But the Glock definitely feeds smoother. I owned a Glock 22 that jammed a couple times, and I've seen my friends Glock 17 jam. Glocks aren't flawless. I personally am liking the FNS better, and I just don't have enuff experience with it yet. Nor have I ever been in combat. I like hearing the confidence in the pistol tho. It feels better in my hand than does the Glock. And I believe it's gonna be a good pistol. I too have owned the sig 226, hk mark 23, beretta pistols, smith and Wesson, gees the list is long. I prefer a safe action pistol after running the gauntlet of guns tho. I always make sure I have ammo, back up parts, back up firearms, and the knowledge it takes to perform most needs that come up. I hike in pack and gear, I climb. I hope I don't run and cry if I ever get shot at, but I think I'm smart enuff to know that's something I'll only know for sure if and when it happens. I work out, I train, and I'm confident. I don't talk noise, but no one has to wait for me when goin up the mountain either. In closing, I pull my weight, pray to God, love my guns, and enjoy my life, as we only get one. And P.S. I luv this forum ! So I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers with my previous post, my apologies if I did. I try not to make any waves. I shall read more carefully before clicking the Post Quick Reply button in the future lol. Good day Gentlemen ! :)

·
Registered
6,545 Posts
Oh you'd know if you ruffled any feathers in here -I've been there, found out quick too- and I think you may have answered your own question, yes Glock's are fine pistols but you have had issues with failures and malfunctions the likes of which have yet to occur with your FNS. Hold on to it a little while longer, it surely will grow on you like the natural extension of your hand it is. Let us all hope none of us have to engage in self-defense scenarios but ask yourself are you willing to risk your life or a loved ones on a weapon that has proven to malfunction or one that hasn't? Good evening, good day and happy holidays to you!

Upon reading the posts I'm afraid I may have come off a little rough on my previous post. Let me start by saying I've never written a bad post about a company. I've not yet had an experience to warrant it. I dealt with Springfield once, they were fast and awesome. But I learned the value of hammer forged over cast lol. I dealt with POF. They were fast and polite, but my ejection issue wasn't fixed, and I had to examine the rifle to find they inserted a D ring. No note as to what they had done was given upon the return of my upper receiver. I sold the rifle, but after dealing them I believe they would have worked with me til my problem was solved. So I won't make a complaint on that either. I found them very responsive. As for Glock versus FNS...My Glock 35 jammed twice back to back last time I shot it. A fairly new guide rod may have needed more breaking in tho. The FNS has shot it's first 500 rounds flawlessly...right out of the box. But the Glock definitely feeds smoother. I owned a Glock 22 that jammed a couple times, and I've seen my friends Glock 17 jam. Glocks aren't flawless. I personally am liking the FNS better, and I just don't have enuff experience with it yet. Nor have I ever been in combat. I like hearing the confidence in the pistol tho. It feels better in my hand than does the Glock. And I believe it's gonna be a good pistol. I too have owned the sig 226, hk mark 23, beretta pistols, smith and Wesson, gees the list is long. I prefer a safe action pistol after running the gauntlet of guns tho. I always make sure I have ammo, back up parts, back up firearms, and the knowledge it takes to perform most needs that come up. I hike in pack and gear, I climb. I hope I don't run and cry if I ever get shot at, but I think I'm smart enuff to know that's something I'll only know for sure if and when it happens. I work out, I train, and I'm confident. I don't talk noise, but no one has to wait for me when goin up the mountain either. In closing, I pull my weight, pray to God, love my guns, and enjoy my life, as we only get one. And P.S. I luv this forum ! So I hope I didn't ruffle any feathers with my previous post, my apologies if I did. I try not to make any waves. I shall read more carefully before clicking the Post Quick Reply button in the future lol. Good day Gentlemen ! :)

·
Registered
519 Posts
To that I would add, HELL NO! :mrgreen:
Nothing wrong with Glocks, but let me state that the only reason I have one is because it's company mandated/company issued.
Would I buy one? No, because there are guns out there that I feel are superior for me (see my signature).

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have a FNAR, FNP45, and a Winchester SX3. Needless to say I like FN products.

I was completely underwhelmed with the FNS9 i had. It was the manual safety, stainless slide, night site model. It just seemed like another "me too" polymer 9mm. Nothing really special about it. And I am a 1911 guy as well. I traded it for Glock 21 since I prefer 45 anyway. My only 9s are a PPQ & a Beretta M9A1.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts