FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. The one thing I don't like is the front sight. Without using a tool on the small end of the pin it won't go up or down. I will try the lube trick later and hope that clears it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks. The one thing I don't like is the front sight. Without using a tool on the small end of the pin it won't go up or down. I will try the lube trick later and hope that clears it up.

You do know there is a little lever you need to slide up to make the sight fold right? Its not something you depress, just slide it up and the sight folds.

·
Premium Member
9,496 Posts
One of us! One of us! Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble!

Congrats on the 17!

Reactions: vertigosol

·
Registered
637 Posts
Picked up an FDE SCAR 17s yesterday. Counting the AFG and magazine that's 6 colors of TechniTan!

Now if only I could afford an optic for it.....

Fn is smarter than you think. They intentionally use all those shades of FDE. Its called tactical confusion. Its like a lion chasing a zebra, all the stripes confuse the lion. Your enemy won't be able to aim at you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fn is smarter than you think. They intentionally use all those shades of FDE. Its called tactical confusion. Its like a lion chasing a zebra, all the stripes confuse the lion. Your enemy won't be able to aim at you.
I thought it was just FN's custom camo.

On another note I have gotten several "welcome to the forum". I've been here for years, just a low post count as I didn't have a FN to comment on.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Welcome to the heavy hitter club :)

Reactions: goretro77

·
Registered
604 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have two optics I could put on it for now, an EoTech EXPS3 and a ACOG TA31H on a Larue mount (has the M4 BDC). Those are the optics for my lightweight AR.

Any thoughts on which should go on for now? From what I have read anything else in the house might not survive.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I have two optics I could put on it for now, an EoTech EXPS3 and a ACOG TA31H on a Larue mount (has the M4 BDC). Those are the optics for my lightweight AR.

Any thoughts on which should go on for now? From what I have read anything else in the house might not survive.
BDC aside, the ACOG would be a nice fit on your 17. But I'm kind of an ACOG fan.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
CONGRATS!

First you gotta post a pic.

Next you have to get that ugly sticker off!

then...you need a sidearm for it.

then repeat the above but for a 16s.

finally...you need a sword.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts