FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first .45

Wow what a pistol. Great looks, fits my hand like a glove and points very naturally.

Looks like it will be concealable for me as well.
I seem to be having a small problem though, I can't seem to put it down.

This is gonna be a very long week.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Looks great!!... Have an FNP-9 that came with the SHOOTERS-PAK when I bought it... Does the FNP-45 also come with one?.. Been wanting to 'pull-the -trigger' on this baby real bad!!
Good luck with her... my FNP has been FLAWLESS!

BTW: What are the pistol/gun buying laws in Oregon??

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looks like you can get them in the shooters pack.
After much debate I went with a decocker one.

As far as Oregon laws. As long as you are able to own guns it's an in and out deal. I was in and out in 30 minutes, including the background check.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the info... All my guns have DECOCKERs, what I prefer.

Wondering about OR, if it was like CA, re: Guns... Son is looking to relocate there.
Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
With the safety added and 15 rd. mag, it has to be one of the best packages out there. Especially for one that can be pretty easily carried.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
GZOh said:
Thanks for the info... All my guns have DECOCKERs, what I prefer.

Wondering about OR, if it was like CA, re: Guns... Son is looking to relocate there.
Thanks
As far as gun laws, if you can own one and can pay the tax (suppressors, sbr etc.) then it's all good. No restrictions.

:?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SELFDEFENSE said:
With the safety added and 15 rd. mag, it has to be one of the best packages out there. Especially for one that can be pretty easily carried.
I was going to get the man safety one, I still may get one if the FDE one comes up somewhere local.

But I am satisfied with the one I got and have 15 round mags on the way. Now I just have to get a holster that fits me and spend some time practicing drawing it.
I have spent a little bit of time bringing it up and cocking the hammer in one motion and it seems to work. Now if it works out with a holster is another matter. If that doesn't work it still has DA and while the trigger is a bit long and heavy it's not that bad, at least to me anyway.

I have a training barrel on the way from bladetech so that it doesn't make my wife so nervous. And myself I suppose, I have a bit of OCD and I find myself constantly checking the chamber to see if it is empty even though I know it is. Not a bad thing I suppose but that bright yellow barrel is kind of a no brainer.
And this rig breaks down so fast and easy that it only takes a couple of seconds to do it.

I cannot wait to get to the range.
It's a Black thing yanno

·
Registered
323 Posts
Mine is decocker-only also. It is my first decocker gun and my first shot is less accurate than the others, but it is not a major problem. I have 15-rounders on the way also. The FNP-45 is compact enough that it fits perfectly in my Steyr 9mm's High Noon tuckable IWB holster. I will probably stay with the decocker version rather than pay an extra $600+ for the safety. After 600 rounds, it is still an extremely impressive handgun.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts