FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may recall the EMP that I sold, a while ago, . . . . sort of regretted it, but sold it due to the ejector coming unglued. Well, I had second thoughts but already had it on Gunbroker, and before I could pull it off, it was bid on, so my hands were tied.

Well, I just won another one on Gunbroker, for a very good price. Had 300 rounds through it. I decided that, if I have another ejector issue, I'll just have a local smith drill and pin it, like it really should have been done in the first place.

Hopefully, I'll have no issues with this one and will enjoy it for years to come. :?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Kewl. I kinda like them - but they are mucho expensive.

I have shot 1 before - but now my local range has 1 to rent. I may have to give it another spin...

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The guy I am buying it from is selling it because he picked up one in 40 cal, to replace the 9mm. I prefer the 9mm, so it works out well for me.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, the new (to me) EMP was picked up yesterday to my FFL of choice. I have a smile on my face again. It is nearly flawless, other than at the bottom, near the magazine well, a few small scratches there, other than that, it looks great.

The good: It seems that this EMP has a better trigger pull than my last EMP, being a bit lighter to pull. Almost match grade!

The bad: My first EMP had a very tight fit between the slide and the frame. This new one has a very slight "less tight" quality to it. Still a bit better than my FNP-9.

The ugly: Nothing.

All in all, I am happy with the whole EMP issue. I have plans in place in case the ejector comes loose, and will be using this for my conceal carry, whenever I get all the training and government stuff done. :)

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Glad to see you got another one. I still want to get one myself.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Wow, nice lookin' gun you got there! :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
That looks like a nice cc weapon as well! :?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope so. I purchased a tuckable IWB holster for it. I am taking the class this Saturday, so after that, and after the government does their thing, I'll be using the EMP for protection.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took the conceal class, with the EMP, on Saturday, 8/2/08. I did very well, perhaps even impressing the instructor, a man with years of law enforcement and training experience. The lady next to me had an extremely cheap semi auto that was constantly jamming on her. It was a rather blocky looking gun, chrome color, black plastic grips, and had no bolt hold open!! She should not be using that gun for conceal carry!!

Anyway, the EMP performed flawlessly, all shots hitting pretty much where I wanted them to go. It was a really great class. Great information, and for the shooting part, I opted for the "advanced", which the instructor taught some "point shooting" where he had us (at his command) fire various shots at various points of the body. . . two in the torso, one in the head, two in the pelvis area, . . . .just a variety of different stages. Me and the "jam-o-matic" lady were doing the advanced. Two other students opted for the basic requirements (at a $15 less price) which was, 50 rounds at the target, 20 to qualify (pistol and revolver). The advanced class was a MUCH better deal, definitely worth the extra $15 for the drills and extra training.

A good day! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts