FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered two magazines for my FNP 9 from Impact Guns. I received one 9 MM mag and the second was a 45 mag. I called and they had me ship it back with an RMA number. I sent it Priority mail to expedite things. That was two weeks ago. I called today because I still have not received the 2nd 9mm mag. After a while they finally found where they had received the errantly shipped 45 mag and said maybe my 9mm mag will ship Monday. I won't be ordering anything from them again. If I hadn't called, I wonder if I would have ever received it.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I've ordered 1 mag from them. First, I got an email about my order and to call. I call, get put on hold for 20 minutes, then the girl had to search shortly for my order. The problem was that my credit card didn't go through (probably due to their name), so I ended up using my other card. Why they couldn't have told me this in the email and asked that I provide another card is beyond me. After that, it did arrive in 3 days though.

I've heard mixed reports about Impact. From what I've heard, in store they are pretty good, but ordering online can be troublesome from time to time.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
They are probably pretty busy. Dealing with RMA's is a pain in the butt. I have to do some of it where I work. And we mess up once in a while and something gets "dropped thru the cracks". If this is the only problem you've had with them, you may consider giving them a break one time.

Just my 2 cents. Btw, I don't buy from them because I think their prices are too high.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand RMA's are a pain, but it was their mistake, not mine. I would have been happy too give them a break and I didn't mind the first mistake, but the were very, shall I say, unfriendly on the phone today and they received the return 10 days ago and if I hadn't called who knows how long I would have waited.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
impact guns is an interesting store. I have gone in person to 2 of their locations in my state and have found the staff on both occasions to be rude, demeaning, and cocky. One other time I went there to buy ammo and the employee I worked with was great to work with. So I guess it depends on which employees you talk to at the time.

·
Registered
220 Posts
word is that they are always out of stock, but one does not know this until after the order is placed

·
Registered
17 Posts
impact guns

i first ordered a fn 45 in black on black on line... order went through and even got email for receipt... but for some reason i called to ask a question about the transaction, the operator said that someone beat me to it and they no longer have it instock... so i asked if they had anymore in SS, answer was yes, so i ended up with SS...my only suggestion is if you buy from them call first to verify if instock , and also if you choose to lay away, make your payments by phone or in person, if you make payments online it takes them several days to process your payment...also i paid 580.99 including shipping, i would probable buy again, because they have lay away...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did finally get the right magazine, but if I hadn't called, who knows? They also told me they would refund my shipping, but guess what... Not a word. I'll just cut my losses and move on... to another place next time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts