FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried various ammo available to see what this light SCAR likes. Seemed to favor the 55 grain Fiocchi and Remington. The best I've ever done with ANY rifle was about an inch at 100 yards with much higher magnification than what this ACOG 3.5 power affords. Also the center dot of the horseshoe reticle pretty much covers up the target at 100 yards, so that's other limiting factors.

And here is what the ACOG horseshoe reticle looks like (not at 100 yards though).

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Yup, optics make a difference. It's harder to be accurate when the dot covers up the target as you are experiencing.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I had it to do over I might get the chevron. More precise to put a target on top of that point. But maybe this is as accurate as I'm going to be with a 3.5x optic.

·
Registered
435 Posts
If I had it to do over I might get the chevron. More precise to put a target on top of that point. But maybe this is as accurate as I'm going to be with a 3.5x optic.
I also have the same ACOG 3.5 but with the V chevron,and it has worked really good with great groups on my SCAR 16S with just plain 5.56 range Ammo.s I can see where the OPs choice of reticle's could cause the problem.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Assorted Federal Premium loads, all around 1" @ 100 yards with 3.5x ACOG. I wonder if any of these loads are good for hunting.

I used a different hold, low with target on top so I could see and orient better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts