FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of the following will *most* improve the accuracy of an unmodified ruger 10/22 rifle at 100yds?

- 'match-grade' barrel
- 'match-grade' ammo

I'm trying to get an idea if it would be worth the investment in a barrel/stock combo or if my $ would be better spent on higher quality ammo.

thoughts?

·
Registered
114 Posts
also be aware that you shouldnt compare accuracy between different 10/22's. older models are usually more accurate, if i recall correctly (also overall better quality).

·
Registered
262 Posts
a homemade paint job..... :D

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dang, i was hoping a barrel made more of a difference...that match-grade ammo is expensive! I guess I'll keep trying different types to see what shoots well. The Fiocchi biathlon stuff was awesome but like $6 a box of 50. I bought the 10/22 with the intent of modifying it (i void warranties in just about everything i own).

thanks all for the feedback and the pic of that camo'd gun, looks awesome!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Besides a good paint job, I have found a good trigger job was my best investment. I had the stock roger heavy bbl (.920) and had good result with Green Tag as that has been good to me in the past. I put a vol bbl ($240) on it and the difference was negligible. I bought a complete trigger pack from Skeeter (you can find him on Rimfirecentral) and that in conjunction with a buffer made a bigger difference. However, beware 10/22s will nickle and dime you to death with upgrades but they are a lot of fun. (Lots of good pics on Rimfirecentral too!)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts