FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Outdoor. Indoors I do not feel safe. Too many rambo's with no skills too close to me. At an outdoor range I can move down the line most of the time.

TA

·
Registered
170 Posts
Outdoor without question here.

The indoor one is open to public. So long wait times. Over crowded, steaming hot, super noisy, bad for your health, people get robbed, can only shoot standing still and in one position, and pistol calibers only.

Outdoor is members only. So no wait times, no body usually there, nice breeze outside, nice and quite, good for your health, nobody gets robbed, and you can practice and shoot anything.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fick said:
Outdoors....until winter
See, I am the opposite - in the hot summer, I like the indoor range :)

My next trip with my PS90 will probably be my last for several months. Too damn hot outside. And 15 yards indoors is no fun with the PS90.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Outdoor. Been shooting in the desert lately, but it's going to be too hot here soon. It's already 100° and 110°+ is on its way.......

·
Registered
95 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
Outdoor. Indoors I do not feel safe. Too many rambo's with no skills too close to me. At an outdoor range I can move down the line most of the time.

TA
being an owner of both types, ive had many discussions with insurance writters on the matter, and outdoor ranges have considerably more accidents....believe it or not.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I mostly shoot indoors. The range I go to is pretty quite, good ventilation, and rifles are allowed on half of it. No movement, but rapid fire is allowed.

I'll go outdoors whenever, but I seem to shoot better indoors.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I go to both. There are a lot of non-member outdoor ranges around here. Texas City has one of only 2 municipal ranges in Texas " according to their range master". Several out to 200 yards, wish I could go out farther. There is an indoor range in Pasadena that allows bump firing, rents full auto, allows any thing up to 50 bmg. I only go there because it's close to my job, and convenient. Ventilation is sub par, and it's loud as hell. There is a nice indoor range in South Houston that is frequented by L.E.O's, but also by a bunch of little gang bangers. I just leave now when they show up with their shotguns wrapped up in blankets. Some morons ruin it for everyone by hitting their steel target holders at 3 yards, and sending fragments everywhere. I guess I prefer outdoors, even just out in the woods on homemade ranges.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Outdoor

·
Registered
58 Posts
Outdoor range until winter then indoor at Bass Pro. Its handgun bullets only, but it's something. Missouri has lots of free or very cheap outdoor ranges that are provided by the conservation department aka tax payer money. Do other states not have these?

Here is a link to pics a local one that's pretty nice and supervised. Unfortunately its $3.00 /hr not free. :-(

http://rls.missouristate.edu/andy_dalton_shooting_range__out.htm

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
brianboy_24 said:
Outdoor range until winter then indoor at Bass Pro. Its handgun bullets only, but it's something. Missouri has lots of free or very cheap outdoor ranges that are provided by the conservation department aka tax payer money. Do other states not have these?

Here is a link to pics a local one that's pretty nice and supervised. Unfortunately its $3.00 /hr not free. :-(

http://rls.missouristate.edu/andy_dalton_shooting_range__out.htm
Michigan has 3 or 4 that I know of. Not sure if they are free or not. The closest one just about 2 hours away, so I've never been there as there are enough good ranges close to me (as in 10-15 minutes away).

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
I have five outdoor ranges I use, one public and the rest private.

All free. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts