FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have read that Promoted Pawn will (or used to) install an internal laser module in the PS90. Does anyone have any info about whether they are still doing it and how much it costs? Also would like to know what the specs are on the laser module. I have read that the Laserex one that was used in P90 was 8 mw. If that is correct the specs re. dimensions of module are important since I may install a slightly more powerful green module with a focusable lens so I can flare the beam a bit.

Thanks

·
Administrator
12,074 Posts
Have read that Promoted Pawn will (or used to) install an internal laser module in the PS90. Does anyone have any info about whether they are still doing it and how much it costs? Also would like to know what the specs are on the laser module. I have read that the Laserex one that was used in P90 was 8 mw. If that is correct the specs re. dimensions of module are important since I may install a slightly more powerful green module with a focusable lens so I can flare the beam a bit.

Thanks
On the P90 the low is about .7mW and the high is about 8mW.

The unit that is available to civilians through Den Trinity has a low of about .7mW and a high of about 3.5mW.

A green laser diode due to it's size will not work in the P/PS90 setup as is without much modifications so you might as well start from gound up. I replaced the underpowered red laser diode in the Den Trinity setup to a 10mW capable red laser but I also had to increase the power from 3V to 6V. There is not a CR123 equiv battery at 6V so a whole new power setup is needed unless you can find NOS Nam era PRC19 radio batteries (6V reversed polarity) that run about $22 each.

I think that PP has done some inventing on his own and now offers a laser setup similar to the Den Trinity but I think his installation/purchase price is somewhere around the $720 arena.

I have heard that some people have had luck in getting a P90 laser from Lasermax in Australia. However, any laser mounted on a firearm can not exceed 5mW by law due to FDA requirements. Of course, LEO and Govt agencies are exempted from this ridiculous restriction places upon us mere civilians.

Google is your friend. Google Promoted Pawn and go to the site and you can see the laser for the PS90.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks. good info. Den Trinity site says they are out of stock on the kits. 5 mw isn't powerful enough for me. Is there a cutaway drawing or pics somewhere of the install? Got any pics of your stock open while you were swapping out the module? Would also like the specs and dimensions of your red module. Doesn't look like there is enough room for a conventional module.

The red modules I've worked with all work with 3-3.7 volts. How did your module wind up needing 6?

http://www.**************.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4953&start=20
Just found that link, it covers the subject pretty well.

So looks like I may take the Promoted Pawn route. Rather have them do it than me and then see what my options are for modding their install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts