FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is the deal with this handguns the FN HP 40S&W I see theres a few out there for sale but not much interest in them.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
truehuntersupply said:
So what is the deal with this handguns the FN HP 40S&W I see theres a few out there for sale but not much interest in them.
They were discontinued a while back. The 9mm version too. If you want a Hi Power, you must buy the Browning brand version.

CDNN did a closeout on these gun a few years back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What Shipwreck said . . . I was at the 2005 Shot Show in Las Vegas and spoke with the reps at the FN Booth. Basically the HiPower costs to much to produce nowadays especially with most mfgs going to polymers. So FN made a business decission to discontinue the FN which has sold since 1935 . . . and go forward to compete with other major mfgs in modern arms. The Hi-Power will always have a place with lovers of this exceptionaly fine firearm. But if you want one it will have to be a previously owned one unless CDNN still have some available. And if you want a Browning version new you'll pay the price until they no longer have anyleft. But there are lots still around and in very good condition.

·
Registered
80 Posts
FN still sells the Hi Power...just not in the States...some FN's can still be found but they haven't been imported for years now...
Bill

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
silversport said:
FN still sells the Hi Power...just not in the States
Yes they do, the Browning Hi Power. :D

·
Premium Member
21,737 Posts
:?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts