FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all there is a guy in my local area I have been in contact with for FN 5.7 ammo who now is pushing this EA ammo T6b 50 rounds for $375 that's about $7.50 per round. What makes this round so pricey I tried to check EA's web site for prices but they have no 5.7 ammo listed for sale

·
Registered
470 Posts
They aren't currently making any. Just wait, don't overpay that much. Sign up for their emails so you have advance notice of when it will be available.

·
Administrator
12,029 Posts
Hi all there is a guy in my local area I have been in contact with for FN 5.7 ammo who now is pushing this EA ammo T6b 50 rounds for $375 that's about $7.50 per round. What makes this round so pricey I tried to check EA's web site for prices but they have no 5.7 ammo listed for sale
It is a 28gr solid copper projectile that they manufacture (lathe I think) that is cut to fragment once it hits the target. Information can be found on their website under 'description'.

Not worth $350 IMHO and I would never use it. I believe that a member tried to get it to fragment without success.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info I was not going to buy it but was curious he started with 150 rounds of the elite ammo so someone paid those crazy prices I can buy a case of SS198 with that kind of money

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Not that they're not great rounds, but they're not $400/50 rounds great :) Someone must really be pushing it on GunBroker. I sold the discontinued T6 Brass for 225$ for 25 rounds, but that was back during sandy hook.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
They aren't currently making any. Just wait, don't overpay that much. Sign up for their emails so you have advance notice of when it will be available.
They mainly can't keep up with demand. I believe this latest order which was being fulfilled from almost 6 months ago was 20,000 rounds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts