FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is an example of what happens when you forget your mindset while handling a pistol. This fellow tried to clear his weapon using the front of the slide. I think is was a .40. When he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and the weapon fired on accident. He lost one finger and the use of the hand.

Be careful guys!

·
Registered
313 Posts
I know I'm bumping a 5+ year old thread but this just killed me...

"This fellow tried to clear his weapon using the front of the slide. I think is was a .40. When he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and the weapon fired on accident."

What we meant to say is that he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and he pulled the trigger on accident.

·
Registered
386 Posts
What we meant to say is that he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and he pulled the trigger on accident.....

Exactly.....

·
Registered
535 Posts
I know I'm bumping a 5+ year old thread but this just killed me...

"This fellow tried to clear his weapon using the front of the slide. I think is was a .40. When he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and the weapon fired on accident."

What we meant to say is that he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and he pulled the trigger on accident.
Oh, I must have misunderstood. I thought he meant to say:

. . . he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and he pulled the trigger due to gross negligence . . .

·
Registered
313 Posts
Oh, I must have misunderstood. I thought he meant to say:

. . . he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and he pulled the trigger due to gross negligence . . .
yeah basically. what a dumbass.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Here is an example of what happens when you forget your mindset while handling a pistol. This fellow tried to clear his weapon using the front of the slide. I think is was a .40. When he grabbed the slide, his hand slipped over the barrel and the weapon fired on accident. He lost one finger and the use of the hand. Be careful guys!
No Sh*t, Its Goro from Mortal Kombat! :-D

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Actually in this case the little paper guy would pop out of the bottom corner with a "Whoopsy!!!" :-D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts