FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Associated Press

SAO PAULO, Brazil --The luxurious lifestyle of a convict in northeastern Brazil has come to an abrupt end after police confiscated a plasma TV set, gym equipment, two pistols and cash worth $173,000 from his cell, officials said Tuesday.

Bahia's Prison Affairs Department head Jose Francisco Leite said police raided the cell Monday in a statewide crackdown on drug trafficking.

He said Tuesday authorities have ordered an investigation of how of Genilson Lins da Silva got 280,000 reals ($173,000), two .38-caliber pistols and other amenities into his cell at the Bahia's Lemos Brito Penitentiary. Silva is serving 28 years for robbery and murder and was transferred to another prison.

Leite says Silva "led a posh prison life in his cell, which he occupied all by himself."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
ICM856 said:
The Associated Press

SAO PAULO, Brazil

authorities have ordered an investigation of how of Genilson Lins da Silva got 280,000 reals ($173,000), two .38-caliber pistols and other amenities into his cell at the Bahia's Lemos Brito Penitentiary.

I will go out on a limb here and guess, But I bet it has something to do with bribing the guards. :evil:

·
Registered
125 Posts
I watched a show called "Imprisoned Abroad" or something close to that , it is a great series by the way, where two Americans were imprisoned in Columbia. The prisoners there had guns, grenades and a murder a day was common.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts