FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, a 15 minute project turned into a hour and a half project. I purchased a Desing Machine low mount for the MRO and installed it pretty easily. However, removing the top rail that came on my rifle was a bear. The front screw came out fairly easily. However the rear one stripped as soon as I applied pressure to break it loose. Not sure what torque spec they used, but somebody at FN needs to lay off the caffeine (probably Jonas) and check their wrench. I ended up having to drill the head to get it out. However, it was worth it. I love the mount and side rails, as well as the MRO. Now i just have to wait for the BATFE to approve my stamp. They did already cash my check, so hopefully soon.
FullSizeRender.jpg IMG_9594.JPG

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had the same issue with the top screw and also drilled it out. When my second PS90 came in, same thing. I decided to try heating it and applied so much heat I had to wear oven mitts but it was a no go. So I drilled that screw out also.

·
Registered
225 Posts
that looks pretty slick. I've been thinking of getting a acog for mine but this seems pretty good too and looks like the lens is similar size but probably has a wider field of view, less expensive too which is a plus. wonder if they will ever make one of these with fiber optic illumination which is what attracts me to acogs the most, that and magnification. No batteries needed sounds good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have never used an acog, but I do really like the MRO. The field of view is amazing, and the height with the DM mount is perfect. If there is a demand, they will probably make a fiber optic model.

I had a similar issue with one of the screws on my Scar17 when I was putting a QD mount on. The first one came out easy, and the second had to be cut for a flat head. That one was exposed, so I could use the cutter wheel on the dremel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts