FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got the Stryker Ent. S.O.A.M.R. mag release button and I thought I show how easy it is to install.

First you'll need some tools
A small hammer
A couple 5/64" punches, I used one std punch and one roll pin punch.

Use the roll pin punch to drive out the factory pin holding the factory mag release button on.

Once the roll pin is out be sure to put a little pressure on the button when you remove the punch otherwise the factory button will fly off along with the mag release button spring.

From the other side place your finger on the left side mag release so the mag release rod in all the way up and drop the S.O.A.M.R button on the shaft.
Insert the std punch into the open hole on the S.O.A.M.R button to aline and help retain it till you driver the new roll pin in.

Be sure to keep a little pressure on the std punch while you drive the new pin in with the roll pin punch so the S.O.A.M.R button does not fly off.
As the new roll pin is driven in the std punch will also back out.

Once the pin is flush the S.O.A.M.R. button will look like this.

The S.O.A.M.R button when installed is solid, this is a nice upgrade and makes the mag release a good bit easier to hit. I have to get out and run it but as of right now I feel it's a good addition to my SCARs.

Here's a link back to the S.O.A.M.R button thread.
http://fnforum.net/forums/scar-accessories-scopes-mods/58037-stryker-enterprises-s-o-m-r.html

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
Thanks, Tal. Good info as always...especially since I'll be tackling this soon. Of course, I'll find a way to make a simple procedure into a bizarre afternoon-long ordeal. But, hey, that's my thing.

·
Premium Member
13,358 Posts
Thanks, Tal. Good info as always...especially since I'll be tackling this soon. Of course, I'll find a way to make a simple procedure into a bizarre afternoon-long ordeal. But, hey, that's my thing.
JUST MAKE SURE YOU KEEP AN EYE:th_watching::th_watching: ON YOUR CATS THAT THEY DO NOT HAUL ANYTHING OFF AND IF YOU HAPPEN TO DROP ANYTHING HAVE THE WIFE LOOK UNDER THE TELEVISION FIRST:lol::-D

·
Registered
6,431 Posts
Excellent tutorial Tal, I'll have to get me one of them there S.O.A.M.R.'s for my 16s too. Thanks for taking the time to post this... :?

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice!!!

Reactions: Talhoffer

·
Registered
8,450 Posts
Tal-- nice tutorial, but I noticed you have additional letters other than f & s with your selector -- perhaps that also would be a good video/tutorial???

·
Registered
835 Posts
Just want to clarify my statement about wishing we could use this in CA - This is legal to own and use. Just that there is no bullet button that is designed the square shape. The bullet button is designed to shroud the original circular design.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tal-- nice tutorial, but I noticed you have additional letters other than f & s with your selector -- perhaps that also would be a good video/tutorial???
:wink: If you get your hands on a stripped MK16 or MK17 module PM me and I'll walk you through the install.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts