Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Step 1. Let's make a great new firearm. For example, the FNP-45

Step 2. Let's pass on making any proprietary accessories. We can tell the public that their firearm will fit in a holster made for another firearm. For example, the FNP-45.

Step 3. Let's sell it with the smaller 14-rd magazine being available. Then we can make more money after they have to come back and buy the larger 15-rd magazine if they want it. But, we will sell them for the same price. For example, the FNP-45.

Step 4. Let's wait 6 to 9 months after our firearm comes out to start working with companies who make accessories. This way owners can carry our firearm safely tucked away in their waistbands. Or, safely stored in the case it came in. Those cases are awesome for those times when speed is of the essence. Nothing like having to ask a carjacker to wait while you pull it out of the case. For example, the FNP-45.

YEAH YEAH, I know I am going to get some negative comments for this post, but I am tired of all the sugar and flowers heaped upon FN. I don't buy leather holsters that can't take a beating. Or the excessively large Kydex holsters that arew being offered now that don't work for tactical situations. I dont want to have to buy a Glock holster and remove a spring rail to make mine fit.

I want a holster with FN stamped right on the top that my weapon makes love to everytime it slides into it.

NUFF SAID'

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Are you saying you want FN to make a holster for it, or just a good holster by another company that fits the FNP 45. If the latter, check out the Crossbreed Supertuck for IWB.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Part of your post makes no sense, as most gun companies do not make their own holsters for their own guns. To say you want a holster with "FN" on it is silly.

And, other guns like the Beretta 90-Two and PX4 took some time before holsters and other accessories started to come out for it. That's just life.

I'm not saying we drink FN Kool-aid, even though this is the FN Forum. But to start off like this one your very first post makes you post suspect.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
DJV38 - I don't have warm fuzzies about the crossbreed. It's just not want I want to do with a large 45. I want something better suited for the tactical carry. But thanks.

O'Neill - First off, sorry if your RAM was full and you couldn't get the message. There are holsters with FN stamps on them. Stamps mean approved by and made for with the blessings of. FN must be the silly ones then. Like coming out with shooter packs that include a holster with an FN stamp on it. Coming out well timed after everyone who had a real interest purchased one without.

See the post by Panther, it includes pics of silly things like holsters with stamps on them.

Posted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:18 pm Post subject: Can see this one better
http://www.fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=901&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

Second, my post is suspect. Suspect to what? This isn't The Unit on CBS or Fox's 24 or even Pee Wees Playhouse. Just sit there and settle down. Stop hoping for that multiple shooter, hostage situation that you will be the hero of. I will be the guy in the lawn chair sipping a beer watching you make an ass of yourself.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Wow, imagine that, every concern Mr. Beret had is answered in a single post and it's all from the factory. Looks like a pretty good package deal. Good work powermad, I gave you a "Karma" +1 for that.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Powermad - Thats what I was talking about when I mentioned shooters pack, but I just didn't see a pic of it. I appreciate it, but it's close to, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Serpa II or III would be nice.

B52U- It still didn't address my primary concern.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds like all your problems will require a custom solution.

The FNP pistols are not as popular as others so the holster makers are not making them. I cannot see how this is FN's problem. They made a good pistol & contracted with Blade-Tech for the Shooter's Pack - more than some handgun companies do. Not their fault if Blackhawk does not want to tool up to make Serpa holsters for the FNP-45. If I remember right, there are AARs where the Serpa holsters had issues with debris (sand) gumming up the release. Contact a Kydex makers of your choice & get them to make a holster the way you want.

As for other accessories, again it's not FNP's fault/responsibility if these companies do not tool up to make them. Some of these issues could be solved by contacting a gunsmith & getting it custom done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you are looking for a leather holster than I think Kirkpatrick leather can help you out. They make some really good leather holsters and they are not expensive. Here is the link:
http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/
Go to the law enforcement area and look around. They do custom orders too. I got the chance to talk to a representative from Blackhawk at the last NRA convention and they said they were going to make one for the FNP-45. They did not say when they would have it out though.

·
Registered
25 Posts
powermad: Thanks for the link to the shooters pack. I have been looking for one of those, now I know where to go. :shock:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Halfneck - I was just hoping that firearms companies would take a larger role in getting accesories out as the same time when the guns come out.

Don't get me wrong, I love the FN line. I have been able to trust them in real world situations time after time.

I had an have high hopes for the FNP-45. I am used to it and can match the accuracy of my MK-23. Even though it is only a few rounds, the higher capacity also gives atleast me a better sense of security.

Yes I have seen the safety of use message about the debris in the Serpas, but there are questions of reliabilty in just about everything that we use. I for one have never had a problem with them, or anyone that I know of. I feel as far as ruggedness goes, that they are the best out there. They are great for quick action, and those times when you have to walk through a crowd. That extra little pressure is very noticeable.

Hell, we have started testing the bismuth ammo, due to the concern of enemy combatants contracting lead poisoning. You want an AAR to read, pull one of those up.

Seabee - thanks for the link, but leather doesn't do very well when wading through water or crawling over rocks. They are pretty, but I think
they are better suited for fat old sheriffs and constables.

That last comment is going to get me a lot of flack, I bet, even for a joke. Bring it on though. I like Shipwreck shutting my spin down and trying to silence me like the far left. It's his fairness doctrine.

P.S. Take it easy on me Shipwreck, I am just giving you a hard time.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Did you check out the FNP45 military post?
They were using a Safariland rig that looked like it was working for them.

I'm sure it won't be long before bladetech makes one for the FNP45.
They already make a few holsters for it.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
That last comment is going to get me a lot of flack, I bet, even for a joke. Bring it on though. I like Shipwreck shutting my spin down and trying to silence me like the far left. It's his fairness doctrine.

P.S. Take it easy on me Shipwreck, I am just giving you a hard time.
I saw this earlier and was going to just "let it go" in order to let peace reign. However, I just revisited this thread and had some time to think about it today (since I first saw it).

You just joined the site, and you have already thrown around nothing but insults and complaints about various things.

First, you insulted FN with the title of this thread (we don't drink FN koolaid here when it comes to legitimate complaints - but you seem to be Mr Negative as a whole)

Next, you insulted people in this thread with your follow up posts (on page 1), and finally, you are insulting me with what I quoted above. Then you try to pass it off as a joke with your "P.S." tag. Essentially, you compare my prev comment to cut out the drama and get back on topic as "my version of the fairness doctrine."

If you came to this site to give members, or me, "a hard time," then I would suggest that you move along to another forum.

As stated by someone else (further up in this thread), your posts ARE suspect, because you've done nothing but complain and violate the spirit of this forum since your very first post. And, I'm rather sick of it.

Regular members here know that I normally am laid back and don't let my buttons get pushed - but you did it. Comparing my earlier comment to you as essentially coming from the "far left" is very irritating.

Let me sum up by saying - Before you reply with some more of your witty comments (as I am sure you will), I would suggest that you re-evaluate exactly why it is you are here. Then participate without the attitude, or do not participate at all

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I actually thought this was going to be a place where one could voice his opinion, regardless of it being positive or negative.

I have done nothing but praise the FNP-45 as being a great firearm. Go back and read what I actually said.

I have been negative about the accesories. Are you saying I don't have the right to say this on the site without objection. The name of the site does say fnforum. The forum of public opinion including mine.

I live in a place where regardless of the land of the free tag, there are always going to be people who try to step on your rights because they dont like what you say or how you say it.

The title of the thread has nothing to do with FN, you made that assumption on your own.

You say that I insulted people. Fair enough. It all started at the point where a person insulted me calling me silly and calling me suspect. It all starts somewhere. I started at post 1. I still want to know what I am suspect to. Unless you are saying that I am suspect to being someone from another firearm manufacturer that is being negative about Fn products. Now that is silly.

I told you that it was a joke. You say that you are laid back, but you are letting a guy, that you dont even know, get you sick and irritated over words. I am not going to reevalute why I came here. I made that decision when I signed up.

I am not all over the entire forum wrecking threads. I started one. I stayed on it. I stayed true to how I felt. I defended myself. I never strayed and bashed other people on another thread.

You take new members and call them silly for what they say. You call them suspect. Then you tell them to take a chill pill when they defend themselves and what they said.

Delete my membership or delete my thread. Doesn't change a thing. I got some good feedback from some good people who saw this thread for what it was. Just a guy running off at the mouth about the way he felt.

P.S. You said I would say something witty. Well this isn't going to be it.
You said you revisited this thread and had some time to think about it.

Don't you wish you had your time back that you wasted thinking about this thread?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Green Beret - Got retired out in '99 so I had no experience with the new stuff - carried my issue Beretta in the Bianchi Flap Holster. Friends still in had mentioned the issue with the Serpas, but I wondered if a little preventative maintenance would not of solved the problems.

Bismuth? pretty cool. Guy I knew at the Sniper Shack with 5th Grp had said they were playing around with frangible loads & various heavy metals.

Back onto the accessories track.

Sadly I think the day of firearm companies providing all kind of stuff for their pistols is on the decline. Too many lawsuits, Unions, and other frivolous expenses eating into their profit. I think most are just buckling down & focusing on the firearms. Honestly, outside of owning a 1911, Sig Sauer P226/P229, Beretta 92FS, or a Glock, you are going to be hurting trying to find aftermarket accessories. My house gun for the past few years has been a Sig P225 & up till recently (all the surplus P6s) stuff was hard to find. When I went looking for a new house gun & settled on the FNP-9, I knew the issues going in. Hell I was pleased with the free Blade-Tech holster. Then again, I'm just wearing it at the range & no longer playing Doc to the Infantry. My CCW is a S&W 37 so I have lots to choose from there.

I believe there is some hope for the FNP-45 though. I've seen nothing but good reviews for it & Glock's Model 21 & 21SF only get so-so reviews. The H&K .45acp pistols are sweet, but carry a higher pricetag. Of course the rising ammo costs are hurting the 45acp's popularity & helping the 9mm. God forbid you own a .45GAP.

I'll still recommend you contact Tim Wegner of Blade-Tech. He is very supportive of our soldiers & I am more than willing to bet he would work with you on what you need. Also dig around on the web, they're quite a few people out there bending Kydex. I'd even try calling Blackhawk to see if they could hook you up with a Serpa for the FNP-45. The fact that you are SF should carry a bit of weight to your request.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Step 1. Let's make a great new firearm. For example, the FNP-45
Agreed

Step 2. Let's pass on making any proprietary accessories. We can tell the public that their firearm will fit in a holster made for another firearm. For example, the FNP-45.
As noted not many offer a holster with the pistol. The FNP45 is still fairly new and as such it will take a bit for the aftermarket to catch up. I am not sure what the allure is for the XD models but there is sure a following for them. Accessories galore, same for Glock and the 1911 lineup. There is enough on the market now to suit just about anyone's needs.

Step 3. Let's sell it with the smaller 14-rd magazine being available. Then we can make more money after they have to come back and buy the larger 15-rd magazine if they want it. But, we will sell them for the same price. For example, the FNP-45.
Get the USG model, I knew when I got mine it only came with 3 measly 14 round mags. IMO that is plenty.

Step 4. Let's wait 6 to 9 months after our firearm comes out to start working with companies who make accessories. This way owners can carry our firearm safely tucked away in their waistbands. Or, safely stored in the case it came in. Those cases are awesome for those times when speed is of the essence. Nothing like having to ask a carjacker to wait while you pull it out of the case. For example, the FNP-45.
see line 2

YEAH YEAH, I know I am going to get some negative comments for this post, but I am tired of all the sugar and flowers heaped upon FN. I don't buy leather holsters that can't take a beating. Or the excessively large Kydex holsters that arew being offered now that don't work for tactical situations. I dont want to have to buy a Glock holster and remove a spring rail to make mine fit.

I want a holster with FN stamped right on the top that my weapon makes love to everytime it slides into it.

Did we miss anything?
Your posts do not come across as venting and preaching to the quire.
More like berating us because we choose to pack one despite their shortcomings. :evil:
Myself I researched the gun and accessories for it for quite some time before I bought it.
As for me I believe I bought the best hi cap .45 on the market. It suits all of my needs just fine.

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
How about this:
http://www.copquest.com/23-2350.htm
Safariland concealment holster for the 45, or some of their other ones, which have straps, if that's what you're looking for.
Honestly, I haven't seen any holsters by any company with a gun companies logo on it other than the bladetech with the FN logo on it.

As for the 14 round mags, I prefer those as I don't care for the looks of the 15 rounders. I prefer a flat mag base.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Halfneck - I love S&W's nightguard series, but they are too expensive. You could tuck one just about anywhere. I have wanted one in .357 for some time now.

On one of the other threads, someone contacted blackhawk and they are coming out with a serpa for the .45. o release date yet, just an open frame of a few months. I bet they are waiting on the final sales figures to come out before they decide on how many to make.

Thanks for the info.

Powermad - I must be berating myself also, because I too drank from the koolaid fountain of youth and carry one around safely in my lumpy FN molded case.

I fired about 1000 rounds through one before I decided to keep it safely tucked under my pillow. Not really under my pillow, but within arms reach.

I just want manufacturers like FN to help get accesories out to the public quicker. I want them to give us more options when we are going to buy it.
But, Halfneck probably gave the best answer for me on this thread.

"Sadly I think the day of firearm companies providing all kind of stuff for their pistols is on the decline. Too many lawsuits, Unions, and other frivolous expenses eating into their profit."

DJV38 - Straps dont really work for me.

I do know what you mean about looks though. The FNP-45 is very sleek and attractive. I mean take a look at the Glock. It's like a big woman. Ugly as all damned to hell, but rides good.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I must be berating myself also, because I too drank from the koolaid fountain of youth and carry one around safely in my lumpy FN molded case.
The only time I do that is when I go the range, they don't allow holsters in the place at all and it has to be brought in a case.

For general laying about and transport I keep it in this.

Not very tactical but it works.
As I said before check out bladetech, contact them and see if a thigh rig is available or can be made.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.