FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I have researched the FNX 45 standard and the Tactical can use the same parts and slide ect. Just to verify what I have read if you have the serrated barrel you pretty much have the tactical right? Or is there something else that I am missing. Cause i know the tactical comes with raised sights but you can order all the parts for that I assume.

The 2 things I want the most is the serrated barrel and the black slide.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
I might be wrong but a 45tac doesn't come with a serrated barrel (at least not on mine).

But to answer your question, yes, FNX45 and tactical have barrels and slides that are interchangeable between them. Users who have both have mixed and matched parts between the two. AFAIK, the difference between the two are isolated to the barrel (longer and threaded) and slide (slotted for optics and raised night sights).

Reactions: djv38

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
What CPTdaz listed. Back on the FNP vs FNP tac, the trigger bar on the tac was thinner and gave it a slightly lighter trigger. I don't know if that is true on the standard FNX vs FNX tac now.

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
3,731 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Last question... I want the black slide for the standard... is there a way we can order this?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Not yet.

FN does have a standard FNX with FDE frame and black slide though.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Last question... I want the black slide for the standard... is there a way we can order this?
I don't really understand what you are trying to do here. It sounds like you are trying to buy a standard FNX45 and buy the threaded barrel and night sights from a 45tac. If that's the case then you are GTG, because standards ONLY come with black slides (even the FDE version; it has an FDE frame but with black slide). But if you are trying to buy an FDE 45tac to begin with, you will need someone to trade their black slide for your FDE slide (bet plenty of people are willing to trade with you).

·
Premium Member
9,490 Posts
I don't really understand what you are trying to do here. It sounds like you are trying to buy a standard FNX45 and buy the threaded barrel and night sights from a 45tac. If that's the case then you are GTG, because standards ONLY come with black slides (even the FDE version; it has an FDE frame but with black slide). But if you are trying to buy an FDE 45tac to begin with, you will need someone to trade their black slide for your FDE slide (bet plenty of people are willing to trade with you).
I think he has the one with the stainless steel slide (well, the silver one...as they are all stainless).

Reactions: CPTdaz

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When I bought the gun I couldn't wait and bought the one with the stainless steel but I wanted the black one.... that's mainly what I wanted..... In due time if I had money to blow I wanted get the threaded barrel. Does this make more sense?

Don't get me wrong I love what I have i don't really want to trade I want to just buy the black slide and keep the one I have.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
When I bought the gun I couldn't wait and bought the one with the stainless steel but I wanted the black one.... that's mainly what I wanted..... In due time if I had money to blow I wanted get the threaded barrel. Does this make more sense?

Don't get me wrong I love what I have i don't really want to trade I want to just buy the black slide and keep the one I have.
Considering the lack of availability and cost (complete slide assembly is around ~$500), it might not be worth it. There MIGHT be owners who are willing to trade their black slide for your stainless one. Or you can always just cerakote it.

Reactions: graylon

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Considering the lack of availability and cost (complete slide assembly is around ~$500), it might not be worth it. There MIGHT be owners who are willing to trade their black slide for your stainless one. Or you can always just cerakote it.
looks like I'll have the silver one.... I fine with it... I'm not picky with any of them I was wondering how hard it would be if I chose that route.

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
check out the forum marketplace here on the forum. There is a want to trade forum where you can post pics of what you have for trade and what you want in return. Just check out the rules of the marketplace prior to posting yours up.

If I ever decided to trade how would I go about it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts