FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of making a new butt pad for the SCAR OEM stock and If I'm happy with mine and there is an interest, I would make a run for forum members. I'm not a huge fan of the original rubber one and I am not looking to replace half the stock for the VLTOR/coin.

So what's everyone think?
KK

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I think there is a kickeez recoil pad out there that does a good job. I've inquired to my gunsmith about them as I replaced my 17's brake with a flash hider. But any venture by an individual that will work I would support.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, the recoil isn't the thing is the ( shape. I think that VLTOR got it right with the / shape, heck even straight would be better

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
If you're talking about keeping it rubber with the same texture just adding the VLTOR angle I'm interested. Is what you're thinking about just the recoil pad itself or the assembly?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you're talking about keeping it rubber with the same texture just adding the VLTOR angle I'm interested. Is what you're thinking about just the recoil pad itself or the assembly?
just the pad/ the whole part that covers the butt of the stock. AKA the bottom of the UGG not the whole boot

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
What I meant about the assembly was the recoil pad itself is attached to a metal plate which allows for attachment to the buttstock via a pin. It's this recoil pad assembly I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion...

just the pad/ the whole part that covers the butt of the stock. AKA the bottom of the UGG not the whole boot

Reactions: Top0369

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I meant about the assembly was the recoil pad itself is attached to a metal plate which allows for attachment to the buttstock via a pin. It's this recoil pad assembly I was referring to. Sorry for the confusion...
Yeah that is what I am looking into, so you're all good

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Awesome! You go Supa_V, git-er-done...... :?

I think the angle of the VLTOR is far better, so I'm thinking if you're changing the angle the upper portion of the recoil pad will be thicker if looked at from the side. Can't wait to see a prototype...

Yeah that is what I am looking into, so you're all good

·
Registered
25,418 Posts
I'm partial to the wide footprint design by FN and the rubber coupled with the curve does help keep it from sliding down my pectoral during full auto bursts. It's also comfy from the prone.

-SS

·
Registered
602 Posts
I like the rubber part on the scars buttstock but I may have one negative thing to say about it. When shooting over 500+ rounds in one sitting during the warmer periods, for example wearing only a tshirt, I have a lot of marks on my chest and shoulder area from the triangular points. I understand that when using a vest or a coat will help that, and those points will help during full auto fire, but since I don't blow though my ammo, I would like to see a smoother option.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
One thing to keep in mind, if you are going to sell these on the forum, you MAY be crossing into vendor territory. An admin would have to rule on that.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One thing to keep in mind, if you are going to sell these on the forum, you MAY be crossing into vendor territory. An admin would have to rule on that.
I am aware of this, but at the current time I'm just gauging interest. If I do sell some, I will take the proper actions to do so.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Hey Supa, 'bout how long do you think 'til you've got a prototype to put forth so we, the masses can judge your handiwork?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Supa, 'bout how long do you think 'til you've got a prototype to put forth so we, the masses can judge your handiwork?
IDK I'm trying to find some good CAD software to model it with. Hopefully in 2 weeks (I'll be home for a week) I'll be able to get one made for everyone to see, but until then expect to see a 3D model relatively soon.

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Very cool Sir, good luck in your search for CAD! :?

IDK I'm trying to find some good CAD software to model it with. Hopefully in 2 weeks (I'll be home for a week) I'll be able to get one made for everyone to see, but until then expect to see a 3D model relatively soon.

Reactions: KK_Supa_V

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is a little taste. Not to spec, but just to give everyone an idea of what they will look like. (not going to be white, most likely all black)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts