FN Herstal Firearms banner

Interesting Discussion On 5.7 Effectivess

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  member548 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Very interesting. However, I must say that if you take the worst case scenario and say 5.7 is equal to 9mm FMJ, I'd still take my FIFTY rounds per mag over other options in CQB.

Using multiple shots per threat I can engage more threats with ONE mag than many of the equivalent 9mm firearms.

#7 ·
Round count

I was watching self defense TV or some such thing the other day and one of the instructors was showing how you can often put two rounds into two targets and it often adds around .10 seconds to the split time, meaning if you take the time to hit the first guy twice you really aren't giving the second guy much more time to react. This also plays into the natural instinct to engage a threat until it is obviously eliminated.

I bet anyone good with a PS90 could put three rounds into the first target then engage a second one and have a split time similar to a person firing two rounds with a 9mm pistol. If any thing would prevent the speed needed to do this it would just be the lousy length of the trigger pull.... it's terrible for a semi auto weapon, but would be fine for it's original use in a full auto weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.