FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left mag is the SCAR mag with 29 rounds fired. Right is my 10.5" AR that I was shooting suppressed with about 25 rounds shot from that mag. SCAR runs so much cleaner. I'll be interested to see if it looks any different suppressed.

·
Premium Member
5,859 Posts
It'll be cleaner but you will still end up with a far bit of crud in the lower module and mag over time depending on your suppressor. With my AAC 762-SD and a few hundred rounds my 16 and 17 get pretty grungy.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Gotta love back pressure coming back down the bore. Still, it's worth it for the sheer unadulterated fun of firing suppressed.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I thought those rounds were corroded, like you left the mag in a damp place for a few weeks :th_confused0068:

I'm assuming the green stuff is copper fouling that's getting blown back?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMO you are comparing apples to oranges, but nice side by side picture.
That was kind of the idea. Suppressed gas system vs unsuppressed piston system. That's why I'm looking forward to testing the SCAR suppressed and seeing where in the middle it will land as far as dirtying mags.

·
Registered
162 Posts
excellent, looking forward to that picture. Only have a pistol caliber suppressor myself, it surprised me that the rounds actually look like that.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
SCAR is psiton driven,un like the DI AR. Get a piston kit for your AR. I use an Asams Arms piston kit on a 7.5 inch SBR. No suppresor but way cleaner than the DI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts