FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone send me internal prints of the ps90? i am going to work on creating a much shorter stock for the ps90.

i also am going to work on a larger mag.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
Wouldn't you need an actual PS90 in order to make such items (it sounds like you do not)? Otherwise, you'd never get things to fit perfectly. Do you have 1?

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
FN seems to guard blueprints of the PS90 - unless you go to 1 of their armorer's sessions, you can't seem to get 1. Many have asked about this in the past, and this seems to be the word...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok sounds good yea i figured. i think i saw some around on this one site but it didnt have all the internal parts. there has to be space in between that can be made up somehow through inventive engineering. I also have a five seven by the way. i will buy a scar as as they are available. any word on when?

Also this has nothing to do with fn but Knight Aranment corp has a really cool pdw. any word when it will be available?

anyone heard of the kriss?

thats is cool too cant wait for that either.

Thanks love this forum its the best.

I want to see more creative mods put into place for the p90, think it, patent it, create it, then make it, come on guys. im about to start.

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
murlow01 said:
ok sounds good yea i figured. i think i saw some around on this one site but it didnt have all the internal parts. there has to be space in between that can be made up somehow through inventive engineering. I also have a five seven by the way. i will buy a scar as as they are available. any word on when?

Also this has nothing to do with fn but Knight Aranment corp has a really cool pdw. any word when it will be available?

anyone heard of the kriss?

thats is cool too cant wait for that either.

Thanks love this forum its the best.

I want to see more creative mods put into place for the p90, think it, patent it, create it, then make it, come on guys. im about to start.
Actually - there have been some creative mods - 1 sponsor here can install an internal laser. Another came up with an LED system to make the white ringed sight better. Critical DImensions also sells stock extensions (I know you want to make your shorter - but I had an extension on mine for months - it balances the weapon a bit better and gives you better use of an optic). In addition - he is supposedly working on a 100 round helical designed mag for the PS90 - to be released later this year.

As for the SCAR release dates - see Question #7 here:
http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=4813

And the Kriss was talked about here:

http://fnforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=3804&highlight=kriss

·
Registered
980 Posts
murlow01 said:
ok sounds good yea i figured. i think i saw some around on this one site but it didnt have all the internal parts. there has to be space in between that can be made up somehow through inventive engineering. .
Murlow, if you take apart your stock the empty spaces will be reveled. There is a chamber above the trigger pack, and a little bit of room below the trigger pack. Forward of that is the ejection area and that has to be kept clear. The rest of the stock is the part you hold onto- and it's mostly hollow inside. You can see a picture of the inside of a stock in the 'Promoted Pawn' Section of this forum.

As far as shortening the PS90 stock goes all I can say is good luck. You will have to make a new, shorter trigger pack and the bolt group will have to be redesigned and shortened as well (it goes all the way to the back of the stock when it cycles).

It would be the most ambitious mod I've ever seen and I think if the stock were any shorter it would be very awkward to hold.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i agree it would be really awkward more of a small smg similiar to a mac or styer. i think i would be really cool. It would make for a good secondary weapon if somehow i could pull it off. I will dabble a little bit. Maybe i can come up with something. It would be a sweet mod. I will draw pictures of what i would like it to look like. Maybe in a year or so i will be selling them.

Thanks
Murlow

·
Registered
47 Posts
i think what you want is an hk mp7 :D

i had the stock apart last week, im looking at trimming off the front protrusion to mount a tac light in its place.... there isnt much you could do to make her shorter than she is though

·
Registered
32 Posts
am sure, as with almost anything else in the US, the PS90 is covered by patents. (geez arn't they even imprinted in the housings?) using FN's blueprints to make a shorter stocked PS90 would vaiolate that patent pretty quickly.

If your going to make / manufacture a firearm, lets hope you have all your BATF/E paperwork done ahead of time. Otherwise your likely to end up in federal prision thinking of a new formula for anal lube.

I doubt very highly anyone could make a shorter stock for a PS90, otherwise FN would have made it that way in the begining. All the moving parts are pretty well crammed in there as it is now. You have to allow room for all that movement.

Call FN, I'm sure they will send you a complete set of CAD drawings and even a set of the moldings. They probably will send you a couple of spare PS90's for you to play with.

:-D :-D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts