FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I posted a little already and just realized i didn't even introduce myself. My name is Dom and I'm from so cal. My brother works at Guns Direct in Burbank ca, so if u need anything in a pinch and are local, and they got it, lmk and ill help out as much as i can.

Ive never really been into guns and such till recently, even though I've owned a S&W CS45 and 9mm Barreta since right after high school('97). It was just a few months ago that i decided to get a rifle after hanging out with my military buddies as well as my brother being a tactical instructor. I finally gave in lol.

Ive always loved the way scars "looked" and don't care too much about "building" (putting together) AR's, unless i machined it myself. So, i decided i wanted a scar16 and some what debating just getting a 17.

Short version of story is i had my bro get me a 16. Put a lot of rounds thru it and decided i needed the 17 a few weeks later lol.

Here they are:

Also , just thanking everyone here In advance for all the great info. Ok back to reading more on the forum.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
Nice pair there Dom, you'll need to stock up on ammo!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice pair there Dom, you'll need to stock up on ammo!
Yeah i hav about 1000 rnds for each rifle. I plan on spending $500 /month total for the 2014 year for the rifles. Oooh god this gonna b expensive lol.

·
Registered
6,464 Posts
It is expensive but don't look at it that way, think of it as smiles per round or thrills per pull, of the trigger that is, it makes the cost much more palatable. There's not much that can brighten one's day like shooting.

Yeah i hav about 1000 rnds for each rifle. I plan on spending $500 /month total for the 2014 year for the rifles. Oooh god this gonna b expensive lol.

·
Registered
6,699 Posts
Welcome! What kind of optics are you thinking for those bad boys? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Hello and Welcome!

·
Premium Member
9,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Nice duo.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
Welcome from SWMI..... It's cold here !

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome! What kind of optics are you thinking for those bad boys? :mrgreen:
Ive been lookn but i wont get one till i get thru my goal of putting at least 1000-2000rds thru each of them. Only ones ive actually ever looked thru are the acogs and a eotech. Although inhav not looked thru an elcan, i really like the idea of having variable magnification in one unit.

As far as guns being expensive and not lookn at it that way. I know what u mean. Its just like my truck. I hav Waaay too much into that thing but its all about having fun.

And thanks for the welcome guys and gals

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Welcome from AZ!

·
Registered
604 Posts
Welcome. Great looking rifles. Remember - Chicks dig guys with SCARs.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome!

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Welcome!!! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts