FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, just registered.
I need cash and need to sell my five seven IOM and ammo. I happened to ask the RO if he knew anyone who might be interested, and he was. We have a deal pending for $1400 including...
gun in good condition with 3 mags, box and all paperwork
800 rounds of ammo...mostly ss192 and ss195

I would not take back the deal, but after reading this forum a little I am wondering if this is a steal, good deal, or going rate in today's market? I have a feeling he is getting a better deal than I thought.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
A good deal on the ammo (192,195) would be $.50 per round, placing the value on that at $400. If the FsN is TRULY an IOM (bubble trigger guard), with case, all accessories, mags, and all supporting documentation and IOM letter, then it's probably worth $1200-1400 (or more depending on condition) by itself. It's possible the pistol is a USG housed/labeled in an IOM box, which happened a lot. Then its value is closer to $800-1000.

If you look you can find NIB FsN MK IIs for ~$1100-$1200

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is this normal wear

My IOM functions perfectly so I didn't worry about this, but I am getting ready to sell the gun and don't want to pass on a potential problem to buyer. There seems to be excess wear on the part pictured ( I don't know the part, but it looks to be part of the take down mechanism. In the pic you can see the shiny metal on both sides. Is this normal or something to worry about?
thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
841 Posts
Hi folks, just registered.
I need cash and need to sell my five seven IOM and ammo. I happened to ask the RO if he knew anyone who might be interested, and he was. We have a deal pending for $1400 including...
gun in good condition with 3 mags, box and all paperwork
800 rounds of ammo...mostly ss192 and ss195

I would not take back the deal, but after reading this forum a little I am wondering if this is a steal, good deal, or going rate in today's market? I have a feeling he is getting a better deal than I thought.

Thanks
You are getting the shaft, pretty big. At least $400 - $500 off what it should fetch at minimum, and maybe as much as a grand.

Put the gun on gunbroker and list the ammo separately.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=401465695 - sold at $2,325 for just an IOM.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
To be fair, that GB IOM was new. I wouldn't get our new member's hopes up about duplicating that auction with the pistol shown here.

The phrase that pays, however, is 'factory letter requiring officers name to be mailed back to FNH' - If you've got that with your IOM, it will definitely help the value. Good luck!

You are getting the shaft, pretty big. At least $400 - $500 off what it should fetch at minimum, and maybe as much as a grand.

Put the gun on gunbroker and list the ammo separately.

FNH Five Seven IOM, Very Early NIB 2003 : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com - sold at $2,325 for just an IOM.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
The phrase that pays, however, is 'factory letter requiring officers name to be mailed back to FNH' - If you've got that with your IOM, it will definitely help the value.
That would help but that is just one part that is needed. :?

·
Registered
841 Posts
To be fair, that GB IOM was new. I wouldn't get our new member's hopes up about duplicating that auction with the pistol shown here.

The phrase that pays, however, is 'factory letter requiring officers name to be mailed back to FNH' - If you've got that with your IOM, it will definitely help the value. Good luck!
Agreed and sorry for any confusion. As I posted I would say the package is worth $400-$500 more than offered easy. Maybe even as much as $750-$1000 more. Which is still less than that iom sold for (but this one has the ammo to value).

Anyways long one story short - at $1400 for iom + papers + original case /acc + 800rd ammo - that's a steal.

I would offer $1750 from here if you post a picture of the case and I would consider myself taking advantage of you ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thank you all for your input. I am kicking myself now for not doing more research before striking a verbal deal, but I am still going through with the deal that I made (for those who pm'ed me). I'm sure I am not the only one who has had a sale rescinded after an agreement was made, because they got a better offer. I know I was pissed and don't want to do that to someone else. Thanks again for the help. I wish I had found this nice friendy forum when I got the gun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts