FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned in one of the other threads a new game that is out for the XBOX 360. This game is an absolute BLAST to play.

Included in the game is a P90. Mind you this is one of the LAST weapons you "earn" or "open" in the game....and therefore may be considered to be the "top" weapon in the game.

In game....I have to say everyone that has opened up that weapon as an option....tends to BRING IT. Sweet, it is not just "us" that sees the value in the weapon system.

If I get a chance I will try to do some screen captures of the P90 in the game.

Anyhow....

In the game they feature the tri-rail P90. Based on the loadout you select it looks like there are three configurations in the game:

1. an iron sight. Just one sight mind you....which would not seem to be effective....you need two irons don't you? I guess they simplified the game a little there for that.

2. a red dot holographic sight. I actually have an Ultra Dot Pan-v on the PS 90 I own...and the resemblance to the in-game version is STRIKING. The graphical representation of the weapon is groundbreaking.

3. an ACOG scope, I believe it is a 3x scope.

Anyhow, this got me thinking about having an iron sight option for my P90. You know, something that when the chips are down and none of your electronics has batteries you could throw on your picatinny irons and use that. Something you could spend a couple of bucks on and have a backup system.

Does anyone have iron sights for their FN P90 or PS90?
What would you recommend?
Thoughts?

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
If U wanted iron sights - I suppose you could get a small optic - maybe an EOtech 511. And, if you had a standard PS90, you could get Critical Dimension's extended optic rail.

You MIGHT be able to fit a front and rear rail mounted AR fold down sight. You'd have to fold them up and remove the Eotech first, however - so U'd need one of those levelmounted eotech bases to be able to pull the eotech off (straight up) without having to take the sights off first to slide the Eotech off the end of the rail...

·
Registered
569 Posts
I mounted fiber optics for my BUIS; green in front and red in back. Target on top of green on top of red and I can bounce coke bottles at 50yds.
Tomac

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'll have my tri rail PS90 soon, and will have a dot sight on the top rail... I would like a backup, but I'm not sure I'll want to or be able to put flip up sights on the top rail...

Does anyone make a 90 degree converter that you can put on one of the side rails? I mean, something that bolts to the side rail, and allows another rail oriented on the horizontal plane?

I'm not sure I can descibe it well, but I can imagine sights like the BREN... offset... something like that that could bolt to either the left or right side rail would be good.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
I think there is stuff out there that might do what U want. I've seen them before - if I come across it again, I'll post the link. But I think it would end up looking horrible.

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think a set of picatinny irons you can slip on would be nice. Not sure I would want to run with both holographic AND irons at the same time.

Besides, I don't need a co-witness...I was looking for more of a "fall back sights" option.

Besides...I am looking to keep the weight and awkwardness to a minimum to take FULL advantage of portability and mobility.

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
Well, it would be even higher - but if U had an eotech, U might be able to calibrate fiber optics (as shown above) on top of the Eotech? But, U would have to work out the height - and then you are really gettingw ay off the bore area (since the eotech already sits rather high).

But, it wouldn't be that hard to do. Just come up with a base for the fiber optic pip, and work out the elevation until it is zeroed at a particular distance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts