FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm convinced he's a fanboy of some other make and is trying real hard to give FNPs a bad name. Check out his latest post on thefiringline under semiauto forum on this topic "FNP, fool me twice, shame on me...." pg 2. For the record ironman, I have an FNP-40 with 556 rounds through it with not a single problem. My serial # is 61CMR0****; there you go some positive you can focus on. Oh and I compared it to the S&W Sigma as well as a Sig SP2022 both in .40 s&w on here as well as thefiringline........ more positives for you to focus on. :?

*Edit: I just got back from the range and put 150 more rounds through my FNP-40 so now the count is 706 rounds and still no issues!!*

·
Registered
116 Posts
He seems to have a personal beef with FN, but as far as I can see he doesn't even own one. I asked him on several threads if he owned an FNP or had experienced problems with one, and he didn't reply. Seems like I recall him posting about meeting an FN rep at some event and getting upset with him. Don't recall the circumstances.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I get the impression that he really wants to be an FNP owner, but is prevented from doing so by his seemingly unhealthy obsession about the manufacturing problems. A little life re-balance effort might be in order here.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I get the impression that he really wants to be an FNP owner, but is prevented from doing so by his seemingly unhealthy obsession about the manufacturing problems. A little life re-balance effort might be in order here.
That is correct. He was seriously considering an FNP after we both fired the ENTIRE line of handgun and shoulder fired FN products (including military select fire like the SCAR) several months ago when the FN people were here for a demo. He has no axe to grind with FN other than this FNP issue. I've read all his posts and see that he definitely has been persistant, to say the least, but it seems that he has not received much of a response to his specific questions. I probably would have given up and said screw it until all the results were in, but then it's easy for me to say since I wasn't hot to trot for one like he was (no offense guys,but I just prefer my 1911's...I do like my Fals and HP though) so I'm not effected by this FNP issue. Just wanted to say that he's not nuts or just some asshole, for what its worth. The gentleman just has some concerns about safety and reliability for when it really counts. I would think most people would feel the same way-he's just been more vocal about it I guess.
-JR

·
Registered
173 Posts
I can see it from his side of view. I'm a big GLOCK fan, but even those had their problems. The old frame recall affected a whole lot of pistols. They didn't even pay the shipping on many of them since it was a "voluntary" recall. However, that recall didn't stop a whole lot of people from buying more GLOCKs; it did spawn a lot of abuse on forums about "Perfection". As long as the companies are willing to work with you and fix the problem, it's not a big deal to me. I still plan to get an FNP-9 if I can sell one of my GLOCKs soon. I know going in to it that I may have issues, but I am not going to let it discourage me. I figure they want it fixed more than us since they have to keep paying for the repairs on their side.

I do think that everyone is quite aware of the issue, so it isn't a good thing to keep complaining, at least until you own one that is messed up.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, my point with him is that he's blowing it a bit out of proportion - and he contributes zero here in any other respect - all he does is come here and repeat his "sky is falling" mantra...

I can't tell U how many complaints I've gotten about him from other members here.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My new FNP-40

Aside from the normal, break in issues others have reported (slide not locking after last shot, mark under the P) it performed flawlessly. I did however find one type of ammo it didnt like, Wolf. It was a test to see if I could get it to shoot Wolf so as to get some cheap surplus, but it failed. It shot remington and winchester perfectly and after i stopped trying to get Wolf to work, not one FTF or stovepipe. Extremely impressed with accuracy and the recoil, or lack there of. The slide corrected itself after 2 magazines and now i cant wait for next weekend to go back to the range.

-R

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, my point with him is that he's blowing it a bit out of proportion - and he contributes zero here in any other respect - all he does is come here and repeat his "sky is falling" mantra...

I can't tell U how many complaints I've gotten about him from other members here.
Isn't ironman0311 some cryptic Islamic code for chickenlittle40??

·
Registered
25 Posts
ironman0311

i am new to the site but have read all about ironman and the fnp being an fnp owner #61bmt0xxxx 9mm.for what it is worth he is upsetting to say the least,however it seems he just may not know how to talk to people.i called bob at fn with concerns about the shooters pack,he sent it to me with in three days,i called him with concerns about the guildrod he sent me a new one and lastly i called about the trigger,he talked with me about the concern,had me dis assemble the firearm dry fire,both single and double action and decock the gun about 100 times each no mag in to test.next to s&w customer service fn is the best.now i may go on and on because i am new to the web site and to computers so i do not know how to change to other areas yet, so please bear with me on this learning cuve.my background is exmilitary combat vet,gulf war and somalia,exlaw enforcement,and worked for two gun clubs and one gunshop with gunsmith,not to say i have owned over 50 firearms.the fn is and always will be a fine gun.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Good post rjfjuliano. I've spent a lot of time reading and posting on this board because I am an FNP owner and think that it is one of the best handguns on the market. For me, it combines the best attributes of Sig and Glock with better ergonomics than the Glock and a better trigger than the Sig. I also own an M&P, which has excellent ergonomics, but does not allow decocked carry like the FNP.

I don't necessarily have a problem with ironman0311 expressing his opinions, but it does bother me when he keeps bumping posts to the top of the board. Every gun has its problems and these internet boards tend to magnify the problems because they attract comments from owners who have experienced the problems. Judging the frequency and severity of the problems is difficult if the problem posts keep being bumped to the top of the board while the goods reports last for a day or two and then float down the board.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts