FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a reply from my LGS guy(the one who didn't know the 308 and 7.62 NATO deal). He said he can get a FDE SCAR in without the mag, but it will be $3500.

I said "No way. $2750 maybe bit more is what i will to pay for."

Then he just told me "You don't know nothing about guns and I don't welcome business from you." Then hanged up.

Ok, am I really asking too low for a FDE? Let me know folks.

I've been to this store many times and always had happy experiences, this guy is new here or at least i never ran into him until Tuesday. I'm tempted to call up the owner and discuss this clerk's attitude.

·
Administrator
11,103 Posts
That is about right. I have an FDE on order right now and with the mil discount, it comes in at around $2580 or so. So yes, $2750 is reasonable.

Like I said, most don't know the difference between their left nut and right knee. I'd be looking for a new gun shop to spend my money at.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is about right. I have an FDE on order right now and with the mil discount, it comes in at around $2580 or so. So yes, $2750 is reasonable.

Like I said, most don't know the difference between their left nut and right knee. I'd be looking for a new gun shop to spend my money at.
Like I said in the last sentence, I have always like this store, just just recently the got more popular and need more hands, this new guy is really not up to standards.

·
Administrator
11,103 Posts
Like I said in the last sentence, I have always like this store, just just recently the got more popular and need more hands, this new guy is really not up to standards.
Talk to the owner and let him know that this sales clerk is talking out of his ass and that it is costing him business. Maybe the owner will do something about it.

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
Thread moved to the correct section. :?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol guy sounds like a douche, i'd call the owner and raise hell. Probably get yourself a nifty discount.
I just did Jimmy Raynor, the owner told me his supplier don't have FDE in stock, but if I can wait, he will try his best to find them. And he will take care of that clerk and find out about where the he is getting these bogus info.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Paid 2599 for my 16, and 2625 for my 17. Any price over 2700 is a gouge! Even with transfer fees, you will do better with grabagun, or gunbroker.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
I just got a reply from my LGS guy(the one who didn't know the 308 and 7.62 NATO deal). He said he can get a FDE SCAR in without the mag, but it will be $3500.

I said "No way. $2750 maybe bit more is what i will to pay for."

Then he just told me "You don't know nothing about guns and I don't welcome business from you." Then hanged up.

Ok, am I really asking too low for a FDE? Let me know folks.

I've been to this store many times and always had happy experiences, this guy is new here or at least i never ran into him until Tuesday. I'm tempted to call up the owner and discuss this clerk's attitude.
Dude, WTF gun store was it? Green Mountain Guns? Please let me know, because I wont be going there...and no $2750 is very fair, if anything a little high.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My LGS said they would do cost plus $100. That's $2499+$100 fwiw. Of course, they couldn't find any FDE at that time.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dude, WTF gun store was it? Green Mountain Guns? Please let me know, because I wont be going there...and no $2750 is very fair, if anything a little high.
The store over all is fine, but this one guy that i kept running into sucks, plus my experience doesn't represent all customers. First time talking to him i said I want to pick up some 308 for my potential SCAR 17S, he was like "What? You know the gun will Ka-Boom right?", which led to the discussion here a couple days ago.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts