FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep banging my knuckles on my ACOG QD mount. GG&G advertises that their angled charging handle alleviates the problem. Before I plunk down $33 + shipping, I'd like to hear from any forum member who has one to see it if truly works as advertised.

thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
I have one. I haven't used it with the mount you have, but it worked well with the funky Aimpoint PRO mount and its gigantic knob. It ain't pretty, but it does what it's supposed to.

Reactions: Kev

·
Premium Member
9,867 Posts
I flip the knob to the other side of the gun. Problem solved.
That was done long ago. I was just saying it works given the situation.

Reactions: BOOMSLANG

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
Have you looked at the Stryker Enterprises E.A.C.H. ???

Reactions: Ken55

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I flip the knob to the other side of the gun. Problem solved.
One of the benefits to the SCAR and FAL (since your name applies it) is being able to shoulder your gun with your strong hand and charge the action with your weak hand in theory keeping you on target with no rifle movement while in a touchy situation. Moving the handle over to the right side, for right handers, would make charging the rifle while shouldered a bit more difficult/complex. Not that it matters to most of us that won't see that type of action but it is a "feature".

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I have the gg&g angled handle and I like it. Gets my big ol paws just enough clearance that I no longer hit my scope mounts. I didn't care for the look of the each, too big for my tastes. But whatever floats your goat man.

Vehicle Recreation Fun Boat Boating

·
Registered
62 Posts
One of the benefits to the SCAR and FAL (since your name applies it) is being able to shoulder your gun with your strong hand and charge the action with your weak hand in theory keeping you on target with no rifle movement while in a touchy situation. Moving the handle over to the right side, for right handers, would make charging the rifle while shouldered a bit more difficult/complex. Not that it matters to most of us that won't see that type of action but it is a "feature".
I think they're referring to the ACOG knob. That's what I did. My charging handle is still on the left.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts