FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im heading to Costco for meat tomorrow and was thinking of getting the Ironman DVD. Did any of you folks see it? Is it worth buying or should I just Netflix it?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I watched it and loved it.

And, Circuit City has it for $13.96.

I picked up one this evening in fact.

Spiderman is my fav comic book. The Spiderman movies were "okay," but I never really cared for them too much. I don't think the choice of actor/actress for Spidey and Mary Jane in the movies was very good.

I think Ironman is one of the best superhero movies I've seen. It was very good.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Circuit City is just a few doors down from Costco. I liked the first Spiderman, thought 2 was ehhh and hated 3.

How about the latest Batman, worth buying?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Didn't care for the Spiderman 3, 2 was ok, Ironman was sweet. I hope they make at least one more (and could, but I won't spoil it for you). The new Batman was really good, but I kinda preferred the first one. It sucked that Katie Holmes wasn't in the second one. I didn't like the new Rachel. It's never a good idea to switch actors/actress' but when you're married to a psycho, you can't always do what you want.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yes, there is plans for an Iron man 2. And, there is supposed to be an Avengers movie in 2-3 years. Rumor has it that he will be in that.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
You haven't seen The Dark Knight!!!!!!!! Skip work and go see it. You won't be disapointed. If you can see it at the IMAX DO IT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Honestly - I don't care for Heath Ledger, and after the 80s Joker, I hate the Joker. If a different villan was in it or a different actor, I would have seen it by now. I'll just rent it.

Plus, DC heroes have never been my fav. Only like Marvel.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well Costco had 4 versions
1. Regular Widescreen
2. Widesscreen with bonus disk
3. Costco only version with 2 ironman figures and a special disk set
4. Blu Ray

I grabbed the widescreen with bonus disk and my boss 1 upped me with the blu ray.

Im all over this movie tonight. The dude at the checkout said to make certain I watch past the credits.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Yea, I saw the end at the theatre. The guy in it is in every damn movie it seems.

I just bought the regular version, as I am a cheap bastard, and I onlyw anted to spend a few dollars.

·
Registered
265 Posts
imschur said:
Im all over this movie tonight. The dude at the checkout said to make certain I watch past the credits.

DEFINITELY.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok I just watched. I liked it alot. I thought the suit looked fantastic and the effects looked good. Its one of those movies you wish didnt end when they do.

Im not a Robert Downey Jr fan and was initially bummed when he got the part. Now after watching the movie he was the right man for the part imo.

drew

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just found this

Paramount Stays Marvel-ous
Extended pact includes Thor and Iron Man sequels.
September 30, 2008 - Paramount Pictures, a unit of Viacom, Inc. and Marvel Studios, a subsidiary of Marvel Entertainment, Inc., have announced an agreement under which Paramount will distribute Marvel's next five self-produced feature films on a worldwide basis.

The deal, an extension of the original agreement made by Brad Grey when he arrived as CEO and Chairman of Paramount Pictures, includes theatrical distribution in foreign territories previously serviced by Marvel through local distribution entities (Japan, Germany, France, Spain and Australia/New Zealand). The distribution pact capitalizes on Marvel and Paramount's successful efforts with Iron Man, which has grossed $574 million worldwide for Marvel.

The highly anticipated live action releases include Iron Man 2 (May 7, 2010), Thor (July 16, 2010), The First Avenger: Captain America (May 6, 2011), and The Avengers (July 15, 2011). The distribution agreement also includes Iron Man 3.

"Coming off of Iron Man's incredible success this summer, we could not be more excited about extending our relationship with Marvel," said Rob Moore, Vice Chairman of Paramount Pictures. "Marvel's iconic brand, its popular characters and its proven ability to create compelling and visually spellbinding films complement Paramount's great history of filmmaking. We look forward to a long and successful run together."

"Paramount is an excellent partner and an outstanding global distributor," said David Maisel, Chairman of Marvel Studios. "Through our experience on Iron Man, Paramount has demonstrated a passion and ability to release Marvel properties theatrically, allowing us to focus on making great movies for the largest audience possible."

Marvel's Iron Man, starring Robert Downey Jr. and directed by Jon Favreau, was distributed by Paramount earlier this year and was one of the top films of 2008. The DVD, including a version in Blu-ray, will be released on September 30, 2008.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Ummm why buy the movies when you can get it for free sir? :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
I just ppv'd it and then DVR'd it in High def :?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Not I sir :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts