FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a scar 17s and a Mossberg 930. Both recently purchased and my first rifles.

After handling both of them the Mossberg 930 handles much better. Doesn't seem to be weighted down in the front as much, I guess it is more balanced.

Is this normal for shotguns to handle better?

How would an ar15 handle compared to the scar 17s?

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
I own a scar 17s and a Mossberg 930. Both recently purchased and my first rifles.

After handling both of them the Mossberg 930 handles much better. Doesn't seem to be weighted down in the front as much, I guess it is more balanced.

Is this normal for shotguns to handle better?

How would an ar15 handle compared to the scar 17s?
What Xslice said...

However, how is your 17 outfitted?

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
scar 17 is completely stock.
OK. As far as comparing the 17 or 16 to an AR10 or AR15, its really a crap shoot in terms of handeling. What I mean by this is that there are thousands of different models combinations made up of different materials, barrel lengths, rails, bolts, barrel profiles out there. Only way to know for sure would be to go to your local gun hole and handle a bunch of them. You can also look up whatever model you are interested in and manufacturer lists the weight dry. There are several models of ARs that are heavier and several that are lighter. The general consensus around here is that the Scar platform handles like a dream. There is an article on the truth about guns wgere Nick Leghorn joins FNH USA's team and goes from an AR to a Scar and states "He'll never go back." There are several advantages of the Scar over the AR IN MY OPINION. It runs cleaner cooler and longer without having to be cleaned. Cleaning it is easier. My particular 17 is ridiculously accurate.

That being said the coolaid around here is delicious and addicting.

By the way do you have a fully loaded magazine inserted when you test the heft and handeling of your 17? That helps balance the rifle out and you wouldn't be running around real world with an empty rifle so its practical. (Safety note: do not point a loaded rifle at anything you don't intend to shoot) -sorry I had to say that.

·
Registered
6,615 Posts
Shoot them both at 50, 100, 200 and 300 yards and tell me which one handles and performs better.
BTW op this is sound advice. Once you get to the range and get it sighted in and spend some time shooting it any doubt in your mind will melt away.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I was misunderstood but I am not talking about shooting the gun, I am just talking about how the gun feels when you move about with it. The mossberg shotgun is just easy to maneuver around.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Totally normal, I'll trade you another Mossberg for it.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

Reactions: akitainu
1 - 12 of 12 Posts