FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I'm wondering if it is ok/legal to remove the serial number sticker on the top of the slide. I just recently bought my Five-seveN and the sticker is already starting to come off a little by it's own and imagine after at least a year it will no longer stay on. Also if it helps i live in Illinois.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Yes! It is just an FN inventory sticker.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Absolutely! The serial number of the firearm is on the side of the rail. Just don't use anything too drastic to clean the adhesive or it may damage the plastic

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
As the title says I'm wondering if it is ok/legal to remove the serial number sticker on the top of the slide.
It's for internal tracking by FN, once the weapon leaves the factory it is no longer of any use or needed.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Ohh No....did you remove it? lol

Reactions: JMike and LESTER

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
That sticker tells the gun to put the bullets on target . That is why everyone keeps it on their rifles. Little known fact

·
Premium Member
9,512 Posts
Take your time pulling it off, it's an orgasmic experience which will never be duplicated. :?
I think I may have done it differently than you.

Reactions: KameronTKelly

·
Registered
17 Posts
I removed my sticker only to find another one underneath!?

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
I removed my sticker only to find another one underneath!?
Its like one of those trick candles your parents put on your birthday cake. Following Pfactors method that should be double the fun :-D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Underneath my sticker was a message scratched into the plastic that read, "HELP!! I am imprisoned in a Chinese gun factory!"

That was disconcerting to say the least. I hate scratches on a brand new gun.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I did it wrong, I removed the gun from the sticker. Threw away gun. Sticker in safe.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts