FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing some research on knives and I've found that knifeup.com seems to have the most uptodate articles. However, I've never heard of them. Can you tell me if their any good? US Knife Laws | KnifeUp

They also have an infographic but it says ballistic knives are legal and I'm pretty sure that's wrong. State Knife Carry Laws: Know Your Rights | KnifeUp (I don't know how to add a photo).

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
841 Posts
They seem to be pretty bland -- they're linking and summarizing the statutes but they don't provide a lot of insight.

Long story short, in most "free" states if you get your concealed carry license you're pretty well set with most standard tactical folders or fixed blade knives.... and since that's pretty much all you'd reasonably need to carry that will get you where you need to go. Definitely check the local statutes in your state and county, as with anything you plan to concealed carry.

If you've got some specific question about some specific state chime in and I can give you my semi-professional opinion. :)

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
Their picture guide on Michigan is a little misleading. We can carry folding knives larger than 3" as long as we are not carrying them with the intent to harm (which could be pretty hard to prove in court that you were carrying with intent to harm, even if used in self-defense).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts