FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Is this a replacement ammo for the 195 and is it readily availible? I have a fixed site model and it's sighted for the 27 grain. The .40 is 4 inchs low. Just trying to find where to get it and will it be available in he future. fN doesn't list a 27 on their site?
JR

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you saying the 195 is restricted to LE? They have fixed sights on my gun and sighted it for 27 grain. So basically I am screwed? The gun shoots 4 inchs low with the 40. That's not right.
JR

·
Registered
192 Posts
Are you saying the 195 is restricted to LE? They have fixed sights on my gun and sighted it for 27 grain. So basically I am screwed? The gun shoots 4 inchs low with the 40. That's not right.
JR
Just buy SS198, it's pretty easy to find on places like Gunbroker and the velocity is at least as good as 195.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I ordered one of these last week. Does this disprove the assertion that ss195 has been discontinued or are these just old cases?
When you get it look at the lot number. It will tell you when it was produced.

Report back please. I am willing to bet it is old stock or something. (I would love to be proven wrong)

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
I ordered one of these last week. Does this disprove the assertion that ss195 has been discontinued or are these just old cases?
They can't be that old... I think 2013 they were running what I thought was new stock.
I must defer to JHS, Sony,00Stormbringer,arrasoc, those guy's always seem to be in the loop. They have been involved with P90/PS90/FSN's and that specific round for more than a decade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts