FN Herstal Firearms banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
I bought a little house with a huge garage. It’s great.

However, the garage wasn’t heated, which is a big problem.

So I called an HVAC company and had them run a duct to the garage and now it’s heated and air conditioned. I love it!

The next project will be an attic lift and pull down attic stairs.

You are the second person I have ever known to mention an Attic Lift, I did a very large hangar, RV dock, 4 bay garage and 2 bay lift addition about 10 years ago and the home owner requested an Attic Lift, exactly as shown. I've done plenty of fixture lifts but it was the first and only attic lift for this Ole Sparky...

Reactions: LeAnn and LESTER

·
Registered
398 Posts
You are the second person I have ever known to mention an Attic Lift, I did a very large hangar, RV dock, 4 bay garage and 2 bay lift addition about 10 years ago and the home owner requested an Attic Lift, exactly as shown. I've done plenty of fixture lifts but it was the first and only attic lift for this Ole Sparky...
What would be even better is making the opening so flush with the ceiling that no one would ever think there is an attic access.

Like having a hidden room in my house.

Definitely my next project.

My farm house had a hidden gun room, that also served as a fall-out shelter. It had a suspended concrete ceiling, concrete walls and floor, a steel door hidden behind paneling, and a ventilation system.

·
Registered
869 Posts
When talking safe hiding spaces it's always important to remember: crawl, walk or climb

Reactions: LeAnn

·
Premium Member
8,115 Posts
What would be even better is making the opening so flush with the ceiling that no one would ever think there is an attic access.

Like having a hidden room in my house.

Definitely my next project.

My farm house had a hidden gun room, that also served as a fall-out shelter. It had a suspended concrete ceiling, concrete walls and floor, a steel door hidden behind paneling, and a ventilation system.
Making an opening that large fit flush could prove challenging. There are other ways to conceal, coffers, trays, textures and moulding to name a few.

I've done the electrical work on some neat and unique hidden spaces and places over the years. Seen some engineers and architects get really creative too.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
Used to be a very useful ammo availability thread where the members could help each other out. The forum has changed so much I barely recognize it. As far as buying ammo is concerned I haven't bought it in a few years because I went on a four year buying spree that has me feeling comfortable. When prices dropped a few years back I was routinely ordering cases of every caliber I owned. I am very happy I did that and I'll likely do it again if prices drop down again. I hope it does and I wish everyone here the best of luck on aquiring what you can.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Used to be a very useful ammo availability thread where the members could help each other out. The forum has changed so much I barely recognize it. As far as buying ammo is concerned I haven't bought it in a few years because I went on a four year buying spree that has me feeling comfortable. When prices dropped a few years back I was routinely ordering cases of every caliber I owned. I am very happy I did that and I'll likely do it again if prices drop down again. I hope it does and I wish everyone here the best of luck on aquiring what you can.
That thread was only available to supporting members.

·
Administrator
12,018 Posts
That thread was only available to supporting members.

I located the thread and moved it to the Other Ammunition forum. Its still a sticky. Apparently the new forum software has more to be desired than its worth. No reason why 613 pages of information should disappear for no reason.

If there are other threads that need to be moved to the open forum, let me know.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Seeing more coming into online venues, my local dealer is another matter. And the prices at both are over the top, especially for reloading components, and that's if they have them. I'm backed up some on 5.7 ammo and I have begun to reload for it as well as other calibers. Primers are the hardest to come by, to this point other than at that auction site, and I refuse to buy that over-inflated stuff.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Primers back to normal un availability this week but some powder came up for a change

41 - 54 of 54 Posts