FN Herstal Firearms banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Check out this page Best Bipod ? What The Pros Use | PrecisionRifleBlog.com. These guys are using rifles that make the SCAR17 look like chump change, with accessories to match, and most use a Harris.
For a straight precision benchrest rifle, yeah Harris is good. There's other things to do with a SCAR17 outside of a straight precision rifle. Ill use one of my bolt action .300's for that. My SCAR17 is more of a rugged, intermediate/long range battle rifle where I feel I'm getting the purpose based need out of the Atlas more than the Harris. YMMV and personal opinion, but its a better fit for how I use my SCAR17.

·
Registered
6,743 Posts
Ive been back and forth on this for a while now. I have used the Harris/Larue combo for several years and its fantastic. However, I do like the fact that the Atlast takes up less rail space and it just smaller overall. If Lester would sell me one of his at a good discount, I think Id pull the trigger.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I have both, I like the compactness of the atlas, worth that much more money than a harris ???? I dunno... If there wasn't fools like us out there spending money.... the economy would be in the crapper.... JIMO !

·
Registered
876 Posts
After thinking about it screw the price...you only live once. Mhudson1331 buy the BT46-LW17 PSR Atlas Bipod and use it on all your rifles. It's easy on easy off QD. I don't use a bipod on any of my MSR's but if I did I would buy one QD Atlas and never look back. BTW buy the BT46 PSR not the BT10. The BT10 is rock solid, the new BT46 PSR is ROCK FUC#ING SOLID!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.