FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My googlefu may be weak but I haven't seen any new for sale in years.

The high sight/rail height of the new PS90s is keeping me from buying one. I know there are some options like TROS** but from looking thru them at the gun shows years ago, I really like the black ring sight. Also, will the black rings sights bolt right to the new PS90s?

** Does anyone know if TROS keeps these mounts in stock or do they just do runs periodically? I did email them and am waiting for a reply.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
IIRC, FNH does not export any PS90s with the sights anymore. Only the top rail with the third peep iron sight built in.
I do not know when FNH ceased sending PS90s with sights anymore.

Also, I think TROS only does periodic production runs and whatever is in stock anywhere is from one of those periodic runs.
I think they don't do continuous runs to keep the product in stock at all times.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take it they still do make the black ring sight? If so, where is the best place to look to find one ( the sight ) in stock?

·
Registered
123 Posts
I take it they still do make the black ring sight? If so, where is the best place to look to find one ( the sight ) in stock?
I just picked one up last week from a member here in our forums. Go to the FNH for sale section. Do a search for black ring sight/black reticle sight. You will see they come up every 2 weeks or so. They go for between $400-550 here in our forums. $600-$700 everywhere else unless you get lucky.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
MGW price when they have them is $624.... I believe.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I don't know, but if they do, I'm not sure if the sights still reach US NIB.
Im guessing you can only find them used or on us d PS90s

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
As far as I know the black ring came on some ps90's till 2011, while they may be still listed on the links above FNH has not sold any for a few yrs. according to a dealer I know! Some of the black sights were still avail at some places ranging in price near $800. up to 2013.

However I don't see why anybody would want an old stock 1 now even if avail. life on the Tritium is 10-12 yrs. but it breaks down quickly, so if u get 1 made in 2011 means that about 40% of its brightness is already gone. The tritium can be replaced but it can be tricky.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as I know the black ring came on some ps90's till 2011, while they may be still listed on the links above FNH has not sold any for a few yrs. according to a dealer I know! Some of the black sights were still avail at some places ranging in price near $800. up to 2013.

However I don't see why anybody would want an old stock 1 now even if avail. life on the Tritium is 10-12 yrs. but it breaks down quickly, so if u get 1 made in 2011 means that about 40% of its brightness is already gone. The tritium can be replaced but it can be tricky.
Thanks for the advice. I am now leaning towards a mini Acog in a TROS mount. Hopefully they respond to my email.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts

The Ring Sight is STILL available on the P90!

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you can find one I think it is worth it... I got one and it is the perfect optic so far. I like it better than anything else I tried on it.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have seen a couple P90/PS90 ring sight available on Ebay. I was able to snag a brand new white ring sight for $289 last week.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
If you can find one I think it is worth it... I got one and it is the perfect optic so far. I like it better than anything else I tried on it.
I agree any of the ring sights were the best since they didn't take up any more space besides the guns frame and all else is awkward to many.

However I have seen several here going for $600. on avg which is nuts since over 1/3 of the tritiums illumination is gone since they are from 2011 and when in a yr or 2 only 50 % illumination remains they basically are pretty much useless!

If new ones become available at a decent price I would get one, however many were being sold for $860 in 2013 and they were 2+ yrs. old but if new ones come avail I feel they will be very exp. It does seem any of the old rings sights are getting very desired if with the tritium dead, since in daylight the ring still shows since it doesn't need any illumination.

Even the earliest white ones seem to be going now for about $300-$400. and when the black ones came out, new white ones were going for $50-75 on GB.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Buffman! Thanks for posting the pic. looks the be the same shape and height as the old ones, but I see a batt cover and +& - settings on the side and top so makes me wonder if the Tritium is gone? I would think so since for L/E & Mil the tritium would have to be replace at least after 3-4 yrs.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
It's an integrated REM T3. See fiveseven forum. He apparently bought a bunch of old stock and is going to sell them with them with REM T3 already in place. I'm ready to place my order.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts