Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Withdrawn, or banned.

I've heard ugly rumors...

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a pending Bill.

I heard something today about them only being legal in California until August 8th.....?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't think it will become a trend, most likely the media will make it a trend by harping on the next one. Certain people in law enforcement are worried about the armor piercing aspect of this gun, what about the bad guys that carry .45's, shoot, the officer in the vest and the bullet knocks him down. Bad guy fires another shot, this time in a more critical area.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was told "it's a done deal, and FN knows it"..

I also heard they will no longer be legal to bring into California after August 8th...

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
I doubt its a "done deal" since they are releasing two different FiveseveN variants this summer(July/Aug).
No company would intruduce new products so that it can be quickly withdrawn. That would be a major cost/lose.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's not being withdrawn.

It going to be banned by our US Congress.

See the link to the Bill above.

H.R. 1784: To protect the Nation's law enforcement officers by banning the Five-seveN Pistol and 5.7 x 28mm SS190 and SS192 cartridges, testing handguns and ammunition for capability to penetrate body armor, and prohibiting the manufacture, importation, sale, or purchase of such handguns or ammunition by civilians.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Same old crap

What? You thought after the sunset of the crime bill they were going to stop ? Think again ! They want all of our weapons, so we have no ability to fight back and they can make us do what ever they want. Except now gun rights advocates are watching them ! So, I guess we all will half to wait and see !

·
Registered
131 Posts
Spoken like a true liberal

Turbozag said:
It's not being withdrawn.

It going to be banned by our US Congress.

See the link to the Bill above.

H.R. 1784: To protect the Nation's law enforcement officers by banning the Five-seveN Pistol and 5.7 x 28mm SS190 and SS192 cartridges, testing handguns and ammunition for capability to penetrate body armor, and prohibiting the manufacture, importation, sale, or purchase of such handguns or ammunition by civilians.
This is spoken like a true liberal ! Do your research before assuming certain things ! The ss190 and ss192 along with all other military penetrave calibers are a restricted purchase and are not shippable to the U.S. This legislation is another feel good act by people who have not researched the facts before freaking out ! Go to the FN and look for yourself the only un-restricted ammo is the ss195 and the ss197, which by the way were developed for civilian use. So, this is a another un-informed rant with no base in fact ! I love gun grabbers, they always make themselves look stupid ! When will the public quite watching the libb news media and do some research for themselves?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Re: Spoken like a true liberal

tgr934x4 said:
Do your research before assuming certain things ! The ss190 and ss192 ... are a restricted purchase and are not shippable to the U.S.
Sorry to break the news to you but SS190 was never stopped from being imported into the US. Its still being shipped to this day.
It is restricted for Dept/Agency purchase but that doesn't mean its "not shippable to the U.S."

Also, SS192 was never labled "Restricted" by FN or ATF. It was just taken off the market and replaced with SS195.
Its kind of like GM stop making the Cavilier and renaming it the Cobalt.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts