FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in the fnx45, I really like the 45 but is the tactical really worth the extra 300 bucks? If so can you explain. I have a DAO fnp 9mm and it is okay and I want to get into 45 since my xds is a 45. I have been debating between this or a P227.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Shooting suppressed is absolutely awesome so if you have any interest in ever purchasing a suppressor for the pistol, then I recommend the Tac model. Also if you ever want to mount a mini-red-dot sight on the pistol, then the Tac model is the way to go. I have a black one and even though I bought it at about a $300 premium during the panic time, it was well worth it.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
If you are stuck there the rest of your life - probably not

If you will ever move to a free state - then I would spend the extra

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
If you are never going to shoot suppressed, then don't bother with the Tac. The red dot on the slide takes some getting used to, something you could do without or could have your slide milled to add it if you really want it.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
If you're already a good shooter, with sound fundamentals, then the red dot option will make you a little better and more consistent.

The threaded barrel is worth the extra money by itself. Take a look and see if you can find an aftermarket threaded barrel for the fnx 45. You'll be looking for a long time.

Oh, the cool factor. .. Nothing more BA than a tac.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Check out high plains gun shop. They have the best price I've seen in a while (got mine for $999 shipped, but I think it's gone up a little bit)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Great pistol.
Don't pay until you have the mag drop and mag catch issues tested out in hand.
Check those key flaws and the barrel blem as well as the weird finish from odd production.

Make sure you have a reminder checklist, and then you have a great pistola'.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Yes.... Suppressor ready for when you finally leave the commie state.

Also, if you don't, everyone will make fun of you because you will have admitted to experiencing low T...

Reactions: Kev

·
Registered
508 Posts
If you're already a good shooter, with sound fundamentals, then the red dot option will make you a little better and more consistent.

The threaded barrel is worth the extra money by itself. Take a look and see if you can find an aftermarket threaded barrel for the fnx 45. You'll be looking for a long time.

Oh, the cool factor. .. Nothing more BA than a tac.
While I definitely think that the FNX 45 tactical is worth the extra money, I don't understand your implication that aftermarket threaded barrels don't exist for the FNX 45 as EFK firedragon makes them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I bought the non tactical. Don't get me wrong I love the gun bur I wish I had dropped the extra 300 for the tactical. I now have to find a way to explain to my wife why I need basically the same gun again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks guys, I have been trying to decide between the fnx and a 227. there is a good chance that i wil be moving for work to OH or KY.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts