FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if FN Herstal will follow Ruger's lead and produce a small .380 a la Kel Tec. .45 to .380 would pretty well cover the spectrum of semiautos.

http://ruger.com/LCP/index.html

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I think there was mention of a subcompact in the works in the future - but it will probably be 9mm and 40 cal.

380s don't sell as well. I would doubt they will make one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I think there was mention of a subcompact in the works in the future - but it will probably be 9mm and 40 cal.
Great, now I have to decide whether or not to go with the FNP-9 or wait for a subcompact 9mm. Thanks a lot. (probably have to get both in the end)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I certainly hope FN doesn't make a small .380. Looking at their history, like HK they tend to make products more marketed toward LE/Mil as opposed to tiny little pocket guns. I imagine/hope the smallest they make is some sort of subcompact 9mm, especially since in todays world 9mms can be made almost as small as .380s.

I'd really like to see a sc 9mm with a more contoured frame based on the FNP. I personally feel the decocker levers could be a little flatter against the frame for concealment purposes, while at the same time remaining perfectly functional in a smaller model. There are a few subcompacts that retain the most of the handling characteristics of a fullsize handgun, and I think FN could bring one to the market.

I'm constantly looking for a reason to sell my 9-M, but I've yet to find one. I'm definitely interested in future FN products for CCW purposes (or any for purpose for that matter). It's a little heavy, wide, chunky...and dead reliable.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShipWreck: "380s don't sell as well. I would doubt they will make one."

Gonna have to disagree with ya, Ship. Kel Tec can't make enough P3ATs to fill the demand, and Bersa's sales of .380 have risen dramatically.

Ruger's new mini may signal a trend in the industry...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts