FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All;
I'll throw this out to see firstly if there is any interest. Secondly because I would sure like to look into it. Either a DVD or live would be ok with me.

Are there any members or anyone for that matter interested in taking an Armorers course for the FNP? Does the factory offer these to civilians?
I'm not a LEO but I would like to take this course if it might be available

Frankly I was thinking about that last time I was on but forgot to post it to check it out.

Just Curious, I guess I could call Bob after the first of the year and inquire about this but I wondered if you all knew about anything out there presently.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Count ME in!!!

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
I'd be interested in a DVD at this point. I can't really travel to South Carolina to take one in person until maybe late next year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
There is a sticky at the top of the page that has great detail on completely stripping a 9 or 40.

The 45 shouldn't be much different.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep I saw that sticky and I guess that is what motivates my question. Years ago i took several classes for Smith & Wesson and Colt. I haven't kept up with current products but I remember how valuable I found that information back in the 80's when I took the classes.

Then as some of you know Brownells is offering DVD's available for a Sig. It's cost is $25.00 to the public and $20.00 to Brownell's members.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.as...R+ARMORER'S+COURSE

It's a great DVD and more of this sort of thing should be available to us but it might be that the FNP is a new platform and no one has had the chance to produce anything like this yet. I'm just hoping I guess that at some point something like this is available for us.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Idoes or used to say on FNH's web site that their armoer's class was for military and law enforcement only but things could have changed

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I have seen that too.

I hope your right I am just one who likes to know or try to find out all I can about a firearm. I'm sure there are lots of us out there as well. I was the kid who took his Mom's toaster apart when I was about thirteen years old to see what made it tick too. Boy did I get my ass in trouble over that. My dad thought it was funny. It's a wonder both of us weren't out sleeping with the dog over that one.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Fusileer 72 said:
Then as some of you know Brownells is offering DVD's available for a Sig. It's cost is $25.00 to the public and $20.00 to Brownell's members.

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.as...R+ARMORER'S+COURSE

It's a great DVD and more of this sort of thing should be available to us but it might be that the FNP is a new platform and no one has had the chance to produce anything like this yet. I'm just hoping I guess that at some point something like this is available for us.
I have that SIG DVD, if anyone wants to borrow it, I will ship it to you if you promise to send it back in 30 days. Or if there are more than one person wishing to see it, we can just pass it around until it gets back to me. I will also send along the Guns and Ammo DVD "Shooting in Realistic Environments"

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic. :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Send a request to AGI I have a lot of their videos and they are really GOOD! I have requested and keep hoping they make one for the FN's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts