FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a 2 tone FNP9 with factory night sights as a present. I had read rave reviews of the pistol but it became clear that since I was decreasing my inventory the FNP would be offered for sale. The gun has never been fired, loaded dissembled . I has 2 15rd mag and a 10 rd, hardcase and everything it came with.
I have placed this pistol for sale several times with no interest, I have priced as high as $550 and as low as $450(i believe0.
At this point perhaps Karma dictates I keep it.
I am interested in learning of "deal" or what it took to sell your FNP or likewise how difficilt was it to buy on and at one price?
Thanks for the info

Charles

·
Registered
14 Posts
gamotwo said:
also, from my experience, a lot of people know nothing about them
This is a mystery to me. The gun offers so much at such a reasonable price that I would think they'd be selling like crazy. Is it a marketing issue, or is the market glutted with Glocks, XDs, etc, or does it just take time to catch on, or is it something else?

·
Registered
27 Posts
For me, it's very simple. If I want rifle, I buy FN, but for pistols, I want Glocks.

I have looked at FNPs but just can't find a compelling reason to buy one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
oldtexan said:
gamotwo said:
also, from my experience, a lot of people know nothing about them
This is a mystery to me. The gun offers so much at such a reasonable price that I would think they'd be selling like crazy. Is it a marketing issue, or is the market glutted with Glocks, XDs, etc, or does it just take time to catch on, or is it something else?

Comparatively, it is much newer than the Glock and XD

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
I would love to have one. DA/SA with a decocker. And the price is right. I need to hold one to see how it points for me though.

TA

·
Registered
14 Posts
TexasArmadillo,

Don't know where in the state you are, but Elk Castle in Ft Worth has an FNP-9, an FNP-9M, and IIRC, an FNP-40, all DS/SA models. Also Collectors Firearms in Houston has a couple listed on their website inventory. These things are out there, just not in huge numbers.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Collectors is super expensive - skip there.

There are FNPs at Bass Pro Shop in Katy - near where U live, for about $450.

If U wait for that gun show, U will be able to get them around $400 or so.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Thanx!

After nosing around... I'm starting to think I can find one under 400 bucks. That's pretty cheap for an FN product. And I haven't read anything bad about them yet either.

TA

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check gunbroker.com. I just got a NIB fnp-9 for $350 (shipping, credit card surcharge and local transfer brought the total up to $405). There were several on there when I was looking.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Oh, so that was you! Good job!

I am hoping to find a 350 deal too. Maybe I will find a deal at the Houston Gunshow.

TA

·
Registered
62 Posts
What I wanted in a carry handgun was a hammer (for da/sa), 9mm, compact, decocker, and not a huge price tag. The FNP9-M was just that, even though I bought it at a higher price tag (475). Now that I have it the new toy syndrome never wore off and it feels so much a part of me that I feel bad when I fly somewhere for the weekend. Also I realize that it is a unique gun, and that when I go to the range I am always flanked by people with Glocks or XDs. Screw that. Im always the only one at the range with an FN handgun. And I am proud as hell to own a gun whose name translates: "Fabrique Nationale d'Armes de Guerre (French for National Factory of Weapons of War) (thanks wikipedia)."

Its compact, a perfect fit for my hands (one of the most important aspects), 9mm, has a decocker, has a hammer, da/sa, hi-capacity, and has a simple takedown. Im surprised that I dont read more about the FNP9-M. I would think it's a great asset to the carry-weapon market.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I decided to get mine, I was talking with some fellow "Glock guys"
at the range. Two of them also had FNP9's with them. Asked if I would like to try a mag full....I didn't say no....and I instantly loved it. The one guy said...."as good as the Glock, huh?"...........to which I said...."yup"....and the rest is history. I think people just do not get exposed to them enough yet, do to the hype of other brands. But, as a well respected company by those "in the know".....they will catch on.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I think the FNP is a best buy/best kept secret in polymer pistols. With accuracy of an HK USPC .40 (in a 4 pistol shootout I read recently), ambi controls, replaceable frame rails, sweet single action trigger, and legendary FN quality (more than one review stated the machining on the slide is equal to H&K or Sig) - I dont think there is a better polymer pistol out there, for close to the price of an FNP...period!!

Yeah the FNP in SAO is very sought after by me...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts