FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted some questions on some other sights and do not seemk to get any responce to the questions. It seems to me that if you do not have a Rem 700 or a Savage they look down on you. My understanding is that this rifle is just as good or on an even plane as the Remoington 700.

·
Registered
102 Posts
are you talking about sniper central? They are hard core Rem 700 fans over there for a couple of reasons, the weapon has been around forever, and they used one in the armed forces. It does have great deal that can be customized, and you need to do that for it to shoot very well. For those of us who dont have the time or know what to do when it comes to customizing, we buy the FN. My SPR is a sub .5MOA gun with nothing done to it except a lightened trigger.

They probably dont know anything about the gun and dont want to give you wrong advice. and if you asked what gun to buy before hand, they would have told you a Rem 700. I shoot competitions every month and out of 40 or so people on the firing line...id say at least 15-20 have a Win pre-64 action with some kind of match barrel on it. Its a great gun and a great action, if we give it time, people will surely realize how good it really is. And yes it should be on the same plane if not better than a Rem 700 or Savage 10FP

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no snipers hide, I used to have a rem700 and I like the FN better with the medium heavy barrel it is lighter to carry around. other than that I do not see much diffence. I too adjusted my trigger for a lighter pull.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I like my FN very much and i have no desire to buy a remington, i've never shot remington and have only heard good things about them but my FN has treated me good and has given me no reason to complain. FN has a cult like following and its getting bigger remember for the last 30+ years remington has been at the front of the pack with no one to challenge them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts