FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I mentioned before in a different post, I've always had a desire for a P90. While full auto would be wonderful fun, it has much more to do with the unique design, ergonomics, & function than anything else. When FN started selling the PS90 I was truly excited but the cost of it only to end up w/ that 16+" abomination was too bitter to swallow.

Fast forward a bunch of years and the cost is way more palatable now 6-7 years after my degree and working. Still that stupid 16" schnoz drives me up the wall. Fast forward again about 3 years and I finally have dipped my toe in the NFA end of the pool and it turns out it wasn't so difficult/painful once I got started.

Now that SBR PS90 is haunting my dreams. But I like it light, handy, and like the one I fell in love with all those years ago.

So I thought I'd be better off digging to find a true black ring sight and then having the broad market of brand new standard PS90's to find a good deal.

Black ring sight has been in hand for awhile now. Just need to make the next step.

I have an offer from a dealer 1.3hours away for a black NIB Standard PS90 for $1200. From my brief time actively looking this seems like the fair market price but I'm soaking behind the ears compared to most here that have been enthusiasts of the PS90 for years. Is this a good price for what I want?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
There have been some posts on the forum recently from people saying they've grabbed PS90's for $1100, which I thought was an awesome price. I think $1200 isn't bad at all. I have one and paid more simply because I wanted to get my eForm 1 filed ASAP.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Not a bad deal.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought one from Posey Gun and Pawn a few weeks ago for $1120 on Gun Broker. It wasn't the first one they were selling around that price. It did not come with glass, consequently the cheaper price.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
$1120 below Dealer cost also. I just paid 1300 for a tri-rail OD.

·
Vendor
3,283 Posts
I saw you pounce on that like a cheetah. That was a score. Congrats.
I have been watching waiting for a while. What seems to be happening is some of the dealers are getting the " Mil / LE " versions for considerably less and posting them up on GB. They are going for between $1100 & $1250 at least the ones I have seen. I bought 1 off GB a few weeks ago and it was this version, w/ 50rd mag. When the box arrived there was a little white sticker over the Mil/LE designation on the box. I kind of don't understand their lack of retribution if FN finds out ???? When I bought my 1st PS, back in early Jan of last year ( SH Frenzy ) was in full swing, a local dealer had 1 in his case, it took me 3 attempts of offering him $1500 for it and several discussions about " don't you know any LE friends " to come in and buy it for you " ... before I purchased the weapon ! He found a LE guy to help us out but he was worried that if he sold it without proper credentials he wouldn't receive any more Mil /LE deals from them.

$1200 in my book = Good Deal.
I'm currently on the hunt for reasonable prices on the LEADED SS197, that is drying up. There seems to some pop up from time to time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm now the proud owner of a new PS90. Quick question, there is a card in the box with: "CONFIRM YOUR FNH USA FIREARM PURCHASE ONLINE." Is that a warranty registration? If not, what's it for? FNH just wanting a bunch of info? I'm not a tin foil hat guy but if there's no tangible benefit to "confirming my purchase" I'd rather not vs kicking myself for doing so later on. What gives here?

·
Registered
11,157 Posts
if you register you get a 10% off coupon emailed to you good at the e-store...also...if you continue to register they might choose to call you to participate in some group discussions.

I'm now the proud owner of a new PS90. Quick question, there is a card in the box with: "CONFIRM YOUR FNH USA FIREARM PURCHASE ONLINE." Is that a warranty registration? If not, what's it for? FNH just wanting a bunch of info? I'm not a tin foil hat guy but if there's no tangible benefit to "confirming my purchase" I'd rather not vs kicking myself for doing so later on. What gives here?

·
Registered
508 Posts
When I bought my 1st PS, back in early Jan of last year ( SH Frenzy ) was in full swing, a local dealer had 1 in his case, it took me 3 attempts of offering him $1500 for it and several discussions about " don't you know any LE friends " to come in and buy it for you " ... before I purchased the weapon ! He found a LE guy to help us out but he was worried that if he sold it without proper credentials he wouldn't receive any more Mil /LE deals from them.
So your local dealer was suggesting a straw purchase? That's not very wise of him...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats!!!

:lol:

·
Registered
203 Posts
2014 elections are coming, the scare will probably start in the fall, so get them while you can...voter fraud will surprise many and the tables will turn...

·
Registered
153 Posts
For what its worth, within the last four months I paid $1200 for a NIB ps90 standard (meaning it just had a rail but no optics), as well as $1400 for a very slightly used one with a black reticle "USG" optical sight on it.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Nice to see prices have dropped a bit for some.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one for 1215 last week. Went to the gun store today, they have blue line on sale for 950....needless to say I was PISSED! But, I got one and am happy with it, so it is what it is.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts